Combining Innovation and Capacity Utilization in High Throughput Systems: Moving Beyond the Product Life Cycle Model by Introducing Second-Order Innovations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fujimoto, Takahiro, 1999. "The Evolution of Manufacturing Systems at Toyota," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195123203.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yujiro Hayami, 2009. "Social Capital, Human Capital and the Community Mechanism: Toward a Conceptual Framework for Economists," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(1), pages 96-123.
- Vincent FRIGANT & Stéphanie PERES & Stéphane VIROL, 2012. "How do SMEs to rise at the top of the supply chain? An econometric exploration of the French auto industry (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019) 2012-16, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- Benjamin Lev, 2000. "Book Reviews," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 30(2), pages 112-121, April.
- Yamamoto, Satoshi & Kan, Viktoriya & Bartnik, Roman, 2018. "Going Abroad to Innovate? The Role of Entrepreneurial Orientation in Foreign Business Expansion for Japanese Small and Medium-Sized Manufacturers," CIS Discussion paper series 668, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Tawse, Alex & Patrick, Vanessa M. & Vera, Dusya, 2019. "Crossing the chasm: Leadership nudges to help transition from strategy formulation to strategy implementation," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 249-257.
- Josh Whitford & Francesco Zirpoli, 2014. "Pragmatism, Practice, and the Boundaries of Organization," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 1823-1839, December.
- Joseph O'Mahoney, 2007. "The Diffusion of Management Innovations: The Possibilities and Limitations of Memetics," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(8), pages 1324-1348, December.
- Vincent FRIGANT, 2011. "Egyptian pyramid or Aztec pyramid: How should we describe the industrial architecture of automotive supply chains in Europe?," Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019) 2011-27, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- Richard Gough & Malcolm Macintosh & Bob Park, 2006. "The Influence of Decentralized Bargaining Systems on the Introduction of Continuous Improvement Practices in Australian Automotive Components Companies," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 209-224, April.
- Shawn Banasick & Robert Hanham, 2008. "Regional Decline of Manufacturing Employment in Japan during an Era of Prolonged Stagnation," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 489-503.
- Pearce, Antony & Pons, Dirk, 2019. "Advancing lean management: The missing quantitative approach," Operations Research Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 6(C).
- Genjiro Kosaka & Koichi Nakagawa & Seiji Manabe & Mizuki Kobayashi, 2020. "The vertical keiretsu advantage in the era of Westernization in the Japanese automobile industry: investigation from transaction cost economics and a resource-based view," Asian Business & Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(1), pages 36-61, February.
- Peter E. Johansson & Christer Osterman, 2017. "Conceptions and operational use of value and waste in lean manufacturing – an interpretivist approach," International Journal of Production Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(23), pages 6903-6915, December.
- Barbara Fuchs, 2007. "Learning from Toyota: how action learning can foster competitive advantage in new product development (NPD)," Action Learning: Research and Practice, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 25-43, April.
- Vincent Frigant, 2007.
"Les fournisseurs automobiles après dix ans de modularité : une analyse de la hiérarchie mondiale et des performances individuelles,"
- Vincent FRIGANT, 2007. "Ten years of modularity: empirical evidences on the restructuring of the auto part industry (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019) 2007-15, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- Vincent FRIGANT (GREThA-GRES), 2007. "Ten years of modularity: empirical evidences on the restructuring of the auto part industry (In French)," Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009) 2007-20, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Niall Piercy, 2012. "Business history and operations management," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(2), pages 154-178, August.
- Katsuki Aoki & Miriam Wilhelm, 2017. "The Role of Ambidexterity in Managing Buyer–Supplier Relationships: The Toyota Case," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(6), pages 1080-1097, December.
- Gary P. Pisano, 2017. "Toward a prescriptive theory of dynamic capabilities: connecting strategic choice, learning, and competition," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(5), pages 747-762.
- Vincent Frigant & Stéphane Miollan & Maëlise Presse & David Virapin, 2019.
"Quelles frontières géographiques pour les systèmes d’innovation technologique ?. Une analyse par les co-brevets appliquée au véhicule à pile à combustible,"
Innovations, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 243-273.
- Vincent FRIGANT & Stéphane MIOLLAN & Maëlise PRESSE & David VIRAPIN, 2017. "Is the Fuel Cell Vehicle’s Technological Innovation System built at a global or national scale? An analysis of carmakers\' co-patents’ portfolios," Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019) 2017-20, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- Vincent Frigant & Stéphane Miollan & M. Presse & David Virapin, 2019. "Quelles frontières géographiques pour les systèmes d’innovation technologique? Une analyse par les co-brevets appliquée au véhicule à pile à combustible," Post-Print hal-02150259, HAL.
- Thun, Eric, 2018. "Innovation at the middle of the pyramid: State policy, market segmentation, and the Chinese automotive sector," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 70, pages 7-19.
More about this item
KeywordsArchitectural knowledge; automobile industry; capacity utilization; higher order innovations; interactive computing; organizational capabilities; product life cycle model; second-order innovations;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:indinn:v:17:y:2010:i:6:p:609-628. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CIAI20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.