The Life Cycle of Temporary Cultural Exhibitions: An Empirical Exploration
This paper investigates the product life-cycle of temporary cultural exhibitions. Using data drawn from 27 exhibitions that took place in Italy in the period 2000-01, we identify two different life-cycles patterns. For the group of short life exhibitions, except in a few cases of a positive 'premiere effect,' the number of admissions is roughly constant over time and the cycle is linear. For the group of long life exhibitions, the mean number of admissions is subject to a decrease over time and a non-linear life-cycle emerges.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 13 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CIJB20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CIJB20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mayer, Colin & Sussman, Oren, 2004.
"A New Test of Capital Structure,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4239, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Meier, Stephan, 2006.
"The Economics of Museums,"
Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture,
- Stefania Funari & Bruno Viscolani, 2001. "Advertising and congestion management policies for a museum temporary exhibition," CeNDEF Workshop Papers, January 2001 PO7, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Koenker, Roger, 1981. "A note on studentizing a test for heteroscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 107-112, September.
- Jarque, Carlos M. & Bera, Anil K., 1980. "Efficient tests for normality, homoscedasticity and serial independence of regression residuals," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 255-259.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ijecbs:v:13:y:2006:i:3:p:447-460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.