State-led Catching up Strategies and Inherited Conflicts in Developing the ICT Industry: Behind the US-East Asia Semiconductor Disputes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rodrik, Dani, 2004. "Industrial Policy for the Twenty-First Century," Working Paper Series rwp04-047, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 1996. "Trade Policies and the Semiconductor Industry," NBER Chapters, in: The Political Economy of American Trade Policy, pages 11-72, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giovanni Dosi & Christopher Freeman & Richard Nelson & Gerarld Silverberg & Luc Soete (ed.), 1988. "Technical Change and Economic Theory," LEM Book Series, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy, number dosietal-1988, December.
- Heather Smith, 2000. "Industry Policy in Taiwan and Korea in the 1980s," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1985.
- Terutomo Ozawa, 1974. "Japan's Technological Challenge to the West, 1950-1974: Motivation and Accomplishment," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262650673, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Annalisa Caloffi & Marco Mariani, 2018. "Regional policy mixes for enterprise and innovation: A fuzzy-set clustering approach," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 36(1), pages 28-46, February.
- Joseph T. Mahoney & Anita M. McGahan & Christos N. Pitelis, 2009. "Perspective ---The Interdependence of Private and Public Interests," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(6), pages 1034-1052, December.
- Alberto Botta, 2010. "Economic Development, Structural Change And Natural Resource Booms: A Structuralist Perspective," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 510-539, July.
- Heijs, Joost, 2003. "Freerider behaviour and the public finance of R&D activities in enterprises: the case of the Spanish low interest credits for R&D," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 445-461, March.
- Dennis, Allen & Shepherd, Ben, 2007. "Trade costs, barriers to entry, and export diversification in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4368, The World Bank.
- Shafaeddin, Mehdi, 2010. "Trade liberalization, industrialization and development; experience of recent decades," MPRA Paper 26355, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dirk Boehe & Luciano Barin Cruz, 2010. "Corporate Social Responsibility, Product Differentiation Strategy and Export Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 91(2), pages 325-346, February.
- Colin Wessendorf & Alexander Kopka & Dirk Fornahl, 2021. "The impact of the six European Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) on regional knowledge creation," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 2127, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Sep 2021.
- Michael J. Radzicki, 2003. "Mr. Hamilton, Mr. Forrester, and a Foundation for Evolutionary Economics," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 133-173, March.
- Matthias Firgo & Peter Mayerhofer, 2015. "Wissens-Spillovers und regionale Entwicklung - welche strukturpolitische Ausrichtung optimiert des Wachstum?," Working Paper Reihe der AK Wien - Materialien zu Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft 144, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik.
- Inayat U. Mangla & Muslehud Din, 2015. "The Impact of the Macroeconomic Environment on Pakistan’s Manufacturing Sector," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 20(Special E), pages 241-260, September.
- Lütkenhorst, Wilfried, 2018. "Creating wealth without labour? Emerging contours of a new techno-economic landscape," IDOS Discussion Papers 11/2018, German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS).
- José Monteiro-Barata, 2005. "Innovation in the Portuguese Manufacturing Industry: Analysis of a Longitudinal Company Panel," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 11(3), pages 301-314, August.
- C Lanciano & M Maurice & H Nohara & J J Silvestre, 1992. "Societal Analysis of Innovation: Genesis and Development [Analyse Sociétale de l'Innovation : Genèse et Développement]," Working Papers halshs-03388659, HAL.
- Alessandro Muscio, 2007. "THE IMPACT OF ABSORPTIVE CAPACITY ON SMEs' COLLABORATION," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(8), pages 653-668.
- Nathan, Max & Rosso, Anna, 2014.
"Mapping information economy businesses with big data: findings from the UK,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
60615, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Max Nathan & Anna Rosso, 2014. "Mapping Information Economy Business with Big Data: Findings from the UK," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 442, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Jan Ende & Wilfred Dolfsma, 2004.
"Technology-push, demand-pull and the shaping of technological paradigms - Patterns in the development of computing technology,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 83-99, January.
- van den Ende, J.C.M. & Dolfsma, W.A., 2002. "Technology Push, Demand Pull And The Shaping Of Technological Paradigms - Patterns In The Development Of Computing Technology," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-93-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Vu, Khuong & Hartley, Kris, 2018. "Promoting smart cities in developing countries: Policy insights from Vietnam," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(10), pages 845-859.
- Mark Knell & Simone Vannuccini, 2022. "Tools and concepts for understanding disruptive technological change after Schumpeter," Jena Economic Research Papers 2022-005, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Ufuk Akcigit & Sina T. Ates & Giammario Impullitti, 2018.
"Innovation and Trade Policy in a Globalized World,"
- Akcigit, Ufuk & Ates, Sina T. & Impullitti, Giammario, 2021. "Innovation and Trade Policy in a Globalized World," CEPR Discussion Papers 15804, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Akcigit, Ufuk & Ates, Sina T. & Impullitti, Giammario, 2018. "Innovation and Trade Policy in a Globalized World," CEPR Discussion Papers 12888, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Akcigit, Ufuk & Ates, Sina T. & Impullitti, Giammario, 2018. "Innovation and trade policy in a globalized world," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 91712, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ufuk Akcigit & Sina T. Ates & Giammario Impullitti, 2018. "Innovation and Trade Policy in a Globalized World," International Finance Discussion Papers 1230, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ufuk Akcigit & Sina T. Ates & Giammario Impullitti, 2018. "Innovation and trade policy in a globalized world," CEP Discussion Papers dp1589, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ufuk Akcigit & Sina T. Ates & Giammario Impullitti, 2018. "Innovation and Trade Policy in a Globalized World," NBER Working Papers 24543, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade disputes; semiconductors; industrial strategies; China; East Asia;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:glecrv:v:37:y:2008:i:2:p:265-292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RGER20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RGER20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.