Review of Gender and Green Governance: The Political Economy of Women's Presence Within and Beyond Community Forestry , by Bina Agarwal. New York: Oxford University Press, 2010. 496 pp. ISBN-13: 9780199569687 (hbk.). US $120.00
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Agarwal, Bina, 2001. "Participatory Exclusions, Community Forestry, and Gender: An Analysis for South Asia and a Conceptual Framework," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1623-1648, October.
- World Bank, 2010. "Gender and Governance in Rural Services : Insights from India, Ghana, and Ethiopia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2410.
- Raghabendra Chattopadhyay & Esther Duflo, 2004.
"Women as Policy Makers: Evidence from a Randomized Policy Experiment in India,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(5), pages 1409-1443, September.
- Raghabendra Chattopadhyay & Esther Duflo, 2004. "Women as policy makers: Evidence from a randomized policy experiment in india," Framed Field Experiments 00224, The Field Experiments Website.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Leanne Roncolato & Nicholas Reksten & Caren Grown, 2017. "Engendering Growth Diagnostics: Examining Constraints to Private Investment and Entrepreneurship," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 35(2), pages 263-287, January.
- Das, Priyam, 2014. "Women’s Participation in Community-Level Water Governance in Urban India: The Gap Between Motivation and Ability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 206-218.
- Palaniswamy, Nethra & Parthasarathy, Ramya & Rao, Vijayendra, 2019.
"Unheard voices: The challenge of inducing women’s civic speech,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 64-77.
- Parthasarathy,Ramya & Rao,Vijayendra & Palaniswamy,Nethra & Parthasarathy,Ramya & Rao,Vijayendra & Palaniswamy,Nethra, 2017. "Unheard voices : the challenge of inducing women's civic speech," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8120, The World Bank.
- Grillos, Tara, 2018. "Women’s participation in environmental decision-making: Quasi-experimental evidence from northern Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 115-130.
- Auerbach, Adam Michael, 2017. "Neighborhood Associations and the Urban Poor: India’s Slum Development Committees," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 119-135.
- Dilip Mookherjee, 2014.
"Accountability of local and state governments in India: an overview of recent research,"
Indian Growth and Development Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(1), pages 12-41, April.
- Dilip Mookherjee, 2015. "Accountability of Local and State Governments in India: An Overview of Recent Research," Working Papers id:6805, eSocialSciences.
- Anne Marie Goetz & Rob Jenkins, 2018. "Feminist Activism and the Politics of Reform: When and Why Do States Respond to Demands for Gender Equality Policies?," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 49(3), pages 714-734, May.
- Breuer, Anita & Asiedu, Edward, 2017. "Can Gender-Targeted Employment Interventions Help Enhance Community Participation? Evidence from Urban Togo," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 390-407.
- Kondylis, Florence & Mueller, Valerie & Sheriff, Glenn & Zhu, Siyao, 2016. "Do Female Instructors Reduce Gender Bias in Diffusion of Sustainable Land Management Techniques? Experimental Evidence From Mozambique," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 436-449.
- Cho, Seo-young & Vadlamannati, Krishna Chaitanya, 2010. "Compliance for big brothers: An empirical analysis on the impact of the anti-trafficking protocol," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 118, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Kaivan Munshi & Mark Rosenzweig, 2008.
"The Efficacy of Parochial Politics: Caste, Commitment, and Competence in Indian Local Governments,"
NBER Working Papers
14335, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Munshi, Kaivan & Rosenzweig, Mark, 2008. "The Efficacy of Parochial Politics: Caste, Commitment, and Competence in Indian Local Government," Working Papers 53, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Munshi, Kaivan & Rosenzweig, Mark R., 2008. "The Efficacy of Parochial Politics: Caste, Commitment, and Competence in Indian Local Governments," Center Discussion Papers 43523, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Kaivan Munshi & Mark Rosenzweig, 2008. "The Efficacy of Parochial Politics: Caste, Commitment, and Competence in Indian Local Governments," Working Papers 964, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Owen, Ann L. & Temesvary, Judit, 2018.
"The performance effects of gender diversity on bank boards,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 50-63.
- Owen, Ann L. & Temesvary, Judit, 2017. "The performance effects of gender diversity on bank boards," MPRA Paper 80078, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chau, Nancy H. & Qin, Yu & Zhang, Weiwen, 2015. "Networked Leaders in the Shadow of the Market – A Chinese Experiment in Allocating Land Conversion Rights," Working Papers 250022, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Dostie, Benoit & Jayaraman, Rajshri, 2006. "Determinants of School Enrollment in Indian Villages," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(2), pages 405-421, January.
- Francois Maniquet & Massimo Morelli & Guillaume Frechette, 2005. "Endogenous Affirmative Action: Gender Bias Leads to Gender Quotas," Economics Working Papers 0051, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Astrid Sneyers & Anneleen Vandeplas, 2013.
"Girl Power in Agricultural Production: How Much Does it Yield? A Case-Study on the Dairy Sector in India,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
34113, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Astrid Sneyers & Anneleen Vandeplas, 2013. "Girl Power in Agricultural Production: How Much Does it Yield? A Case-Study on the Dairy Sector in India," Working Papers id:5562, eSocialSciences.
- Baltrunaite, Audinga & Bello, Piera & Casarico, Alessandra & Profeta, Paola, 2014.
"Gender quotas and the quality of politicians,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 62-74.
- Audinga Baltrunaite & Piera Bello & Alessandra Casarico & Paola Profeta, 2012. "Gender Quotas and the Quality of Politicians," CESifo Working Paper Series 3734, CESifo.
- Audinga Baltrunaite & Piera Bello & Alessandra Casarico & Paola Profeta, 2013. "Gender quotas and the quality of politicians," Working Papers 2013-11, FEDEA.
- Joyous S. Tata & Paul E. McNamara, 2016. "Social Factors That Influence Use of ICT in Agricultural Extension in Southern Africa," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-10, April.
- Elizabeth Kaletski & Nishith Prakash, 2017.
"Can Elected Minority Representatives Affect Health Worker Visits? Evidence from India,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 67-102, February.
- Kaletski, Elizabeth & Prakash, Nishith, 2014. "Can Elected Minority Representatives Affect Health Worker Visits? Evidence from India," IZA Discussion Papers 8387, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Michael L. Anderson & Fangwen Lu, 2017. "Learning to Manage and Managing to Learn: The Effects of Student Leadership Service," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 63(10), pages 3246-3261, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:femeco:v:18:y:2012:i:3:p:141-143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RFEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RFEC20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.