Continuous Empirical Characteristic Function Estimation of Mixtures of Normal Parameters
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Dinghai Xu & John Knight, 2008. "Continuous Empirical Characteristic Function Estimation of Mixtures of Normal Parameters," Working Papers 08006, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Knight, John L. & Yu, Jun, 2002.
"Empirical Characteristic Function In Time Series Estimation,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 691-721, June.
- Knight, John & Yu, Jun, 1999. "Empirical Characteristic Function in Time Series Estimation," Working Papers 220, Department of Economics, The University of Auckland.
- Kien Tran, 1998. "Estimating mixtures of normal distributions via empirical characteristic function," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 167-183.
- French, Kenneth R., 1980. "Stock returns and the weekend effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 55-69, March.
- Jiang, George J & Knight, John L, 2002. "Estimation of Continuous-Time Processes via the Empirical Characteristic Function," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(2), pages 198-212, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dinghai Xu & John Knight, 2013. "Stochastic volatility model under a discrete mixture-of-normal specification," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 37(2), pages 216-239, April.
- Dinghai Xu, 2009. "An Efficient Estimation for Switching Regression Models: A Monte Carlo Study," Working Papers 0903, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2009.
- Cornelis J. Potgieter & Marc G. Genton, 2013. "Characteristic Function-based Semiparametric Inference for Skew-symmetric Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 40(3), pages 471-490, September.
More about this item
KeywordsEmpirical characteristic function; Mixtures of normal;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:emetrv:v:30:y:2011:i:1:p:25-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/LECR20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.