Arithmetic Asian Options under Stochastic Delay Models
Motivated by the increasing interest in past-dependent asset pricing models, shown in recent years by market practitioners and prominent authors such as Hobson and Rogers (1998, Complete models with stochastic volatility, Mathematical Finance, 8(1), pp. 27--48), we explore option pricing techniques for arithmetic Asian options under a stochastic delay differential equation approach. We obtain explicit closed-form expressions for a number of lower and upper bounds and compare their accuracy numerically.
Volume (Year): 18 (2011)
Issue (Month): 5 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAMF20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nielsen, J. Aase & Sandmann, Klaus, 2003. "Pricing Bounds on Asian Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(02), pages 449-473, June.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 3-33, August.
- David G. Hobson & L. C. G. Rogers, 1998. "Complete Models with Stochastic Volatility," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 27-48.
- Simon, S. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Dhaene, J., 2000. "An easy computable upper bound for the price of an arithmetic Asian option," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 175-183, May.
- Peter Carr & Helyette Geman & Dilip Madan & Marc Yor, 2004. "From local volatility to local Levy models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(5), pages 581-588.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1448 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Hobson & Peter Laurence & Tai-Ho Wang, 2005. "Static-arbitrage upper bounds for the prices of basket options," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 329-342.
- H. Berestycki & J. Busca & I. Florent, 2002. "Asymptotics and calibration of local volatility models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 61-69.
- Bernard Dumas & Jeff Fleming & Robert E. Whaley, 1998. "Implied Volatility Functions: Empirical Tests," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 2059-2106, December.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 133-161, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apmtfi:v:18:y:2011:i:5:p:423-446. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.