Incorporating water purification in efficiency evaluation: evidence from Japanese water utilities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Theara Horn, 2009. "Incorporating water purification in efficiency evaluation: Evidence from Japanese water utilities," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 09-40, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim Woodbury & Brian Dollery, 2004. "Efficiency Measurement in Australian Local Government: The Case of New South Wales Municipal Water Services," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 21(5), pages 615-636, September.
- Fumitoshi Mizutani & Takuya Urakami, 2001. "articles: Identifying network density and scale economies for Japanese water supply organizations," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 80(2), pages 211-230.
- David Saal & David Parker & Tom Weyman-Jones, 2007. "Determining the contribution of technical change, efficiency change and scale change to productivity growth in the privatized English and Welsh water and sewerage industry: 1985–2000," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 127-139, October.
- Saal, David S & Parker, David, 2001. "Productivity and Price Performance in the Privatized Water and Sewerage Companies of England and Wales," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 61-90, July.
- Lin, Chen, 2005. "Service quality and prospects for benchmarking: Evidence from the Peru water sector," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 230-239, September.
- David S Saal & David Parker, 2000. "The impact of privatization and regulation on the water and sewerage industry in England and Wales: a translog cost function model," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(6), pages 253-268.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Lovell,C. A. Knox, 2003. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521666633, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James I. Price & Steven Renzetti & Diane Dupont & Wiktor Adamowicz & Monica B. Emelko, 2017. "Production Costs, Inefficiency, and Source Water Quality: A Stochastic Cost Frontier Analysis of Canadian Water Utilities," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 93(1), pages 1-11.
More about this item
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- H49 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Other
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:18:y:2011:i:18:p:1789-1794. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .