Are procyclical lumpiness and asymmetry in capital adjustment dateless phenomena? the case of firms in German industrialization: 1880-1913
Based on a descriptive, non-parametric methodology, this article examines lumpiness and investment episodes in the capital formation process of firms in German industrialization. The findings are, not as necessarily expected, remarkably concordant with recent findings for contemporary plant-level data.
Volume (Year): 10 (2003)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEL20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Russell Cooper & John Haltiwanger & Laura Power, 1995.
"Machine Replacement and the Business Cycle: Lumps and Bumps,"
NBER Working Papers
5260, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Haltiwanger & Russell Cooper & Laura Power, 1999. "Machine Replacement and the Business Cycle: Lumps and Bumps," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 921-946, September.
- Russell Cooper & John Haltiwanger & Laura Power, 1995. "Machine Replacement and the Business Cycle: Lumps and Bumps," Papers 0062, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991.
"Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction and Employment Reallocation,"
NBER Working Papers
3728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1992. "Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction, and Employment Reallocation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 819-863.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991. "Gross job creation, gross job destruction and employment reallocation," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Mark E. Doms & Timothy Dunne, 1998.
"Capital Adjustment Patterns in Manufacturing Plants,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 1(2), pages 409-429, April.
- Mark Doms & Timothy Dunne, 1994. "Capital Adjustment Patterns in Manufacturing Plants," Working Papers 94-11, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Fohlin, Caroline, 1996.
"Relationship Banking, Liquidity, and Investment in the German Industrialization,"
913, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Caroline Fohlin, 1998. "Relationship Banking, Liquidity, and Investment in the German Industrialization," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1737-1758, October.
- Gaston Gelos, R. & Isgut, Alberto, 2001. "Irreversibilities in fixed capital adjustment: Evidence from Mexican and Colombian plants," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 85-89, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:10:y:2003:i:9:p:575-579. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.