Are procyclical lumpiness and asymmetry in capital adjustment dateless phenomena? the case of firms in German industrialization: 1880-1913
Based on a descriptive, non-parametric methodology, this article examines lumpiness and investment episodes in the capital formation process of firms in German industrialization. The findings are, not as necessarily expected, remarkably concordant with recent findings for contemporary plant-level data.
Volume (Year): 10 (2003)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEL20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991.
"Gross job creation, gross job destruction and employment reallocation,"
Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues
91-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Davis, Steven J & Haltiwanger, John C, 1992. "Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction, and Employment Reallocation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(3), pages 819-63, August.
- Steve J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1991. "Gross Job Creation, Gross Job Destruction and Employment Reallocation," NBER Working Papers 3728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Doms & Timothy Dunne, 1994.
"Capital Adjustment Patterns in Manufacturing Plants,"
94-11, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Mark E. Doms & Timothy Dunne, 1998. "Capital Adjustment Patterns in Manufacturing Plants," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 1(2), pages 409-429, April.
- Gaston Gelos, R. & Isgut, Alberto, 2001. "Irreversibilities in fixed capital adjustment: Evidence from Mexican and Colombian plants," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 85-89, December.
- John Haltiwanger & Russell Cooper & Laura Power, 1999.
"Machine Replacement and the Business Cycle: Lumps and Bumps,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 921-946, September.
- Russell Cooper & John Haltiwanger & Laura Power, 1995. "Machine Replacement and the Business Cycle: Lumps and Bumps," NBER Working Papers 5260, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Russell Cooper & John Haltiwanger & Laura Power, 1995. "Machine Replacement and the Business Cycle: Lumps and Bumps," Papers 0062, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Caroline Fohlin, 1998.
"Relationship Banking, Liquidity, and Investment in the German Industrialization,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1737-1758, October.
- Fohlin, Caroline, 1996. "Relationship Banking, Liquidity, and Investment in the German Industrialization," Working Papers 913, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:10:y:2003:i:9:p:575-579. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.