Foreign direct investment and technology spillovers: Which firms really benefit?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1998.
" Multinational Corporations and Spillovers,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 247-277, July.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996. "Multinational Corporations and Spillovers," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 99, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996. "Multinational Corporations and Spillovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 1365, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1999.
"Foreign direct investment as a catalyst for industrial development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 335-356, February.
- James R. Markusen & Anthony J. Venables, 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment as a Catalyst for Industrial Development," NBER Working Papers 6241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nakamura, M. & Xie, J., 1998. "Nonverifiability, noncontractibility and ownership determination models in foreign direct investment, with an application to foreign operations in Japan," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 571-599, September.
- Salvador Barrios & Sophia Dimelis & Helen Louri & Eric Strobl, 2004.
"Efficiency spillovers from foreign direct investment in the EU periphery: A comparative study of Greece, Ireland, and Spain,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 140(4), pages 688-705, December.
- Salvador Barrios & Sophia Dimelis & Helen Louri & Eric Strobl, "undated". "Efficiency Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment in the EU Periphery: A comparative study of Greece, Ireland and Spain," Working Papers 2002-02, FEDEA.
- Conyon, Martin J, et al, 2002. "The Productivity and Wage Effects of Foreign Acquisition in the United Kingdom," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 85-102, March.
- Sourafel Girma & David Greenaway & Katharine Wakelin, 2013.
"Who Benefits from Foreign Direct Investment in the UK?,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 60(5), pages 560-574, November.
- Girma, Sourafel & Greenaway, David & Wakelin, Katharine, 2001. "Who Benefits from Foreign Direct Investment in the UK?," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 48(2), pages 119-133, May.
- Sophia Dimelis & Helen Louri, 2002. "Foreign ownership and production efficiency: a quantile regression analysis," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(3), pages 449-469, July.
- Blomström, Magnus & Globerman, Steve & Kokko, Ari, 2000. "The Determinants of Host Country Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment," CEPR Discussion Papers 2350, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Saunders, Ronald, 1980. "The Determinants of Productivity in Canadian Manufacturing Industries," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 167-184, December.
- Haddad, Mona & Harrison, Ann, 1993. "Are there positive spillovers from direct foreign investment? : Evidence from panel data for Morocco," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 51-74, October.
- Chhibber, Pradeep K & Majumdar, Sumit K, 1999. "Foreign Ownership and Profitability: Property Rights, Control, and the Performance of Firms in Indian Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(1), pages 209-238, April.
- Gorg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2001. "Multinational Companies and Productivity Spillovers: A Meta-analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(475), pages 723-739, November.
- Ari Kokko & Mario Zejan & Ruben Tansini, 2001. "Trade regimes and spillover effects of FDI: Evidence from Uruguay," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 137(1), pages 124-149, March.
- Barbosa, Natalia & Louri, Helen, 2002. "On the determinants of multinationals' ownership preferences: evidence from Greece and Portugal," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 493-515, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seyoum, Mebratu & Wu, Renshui & Yang, Li, 2015. "Technology spillovers from Chinese outward direct investment: The case of Ethiopia," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 35-49.
- Eller, Markus & Haiss, Peter & Steiner, Katharina, 2006. "Foreign direct investment in the financial sector and economic growth in Central and Eastern Europe: The crucial role of the efficiency channel," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 300-319, December.
- Ivan Stoykov, 2005. "Investments and Economic Growth Based on Endogenous Factors," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 6, pages 30-41.
- Sun, Sizhong, 2009. "Impact of aggregation on measuring FDI spillovers: a Monte Carlo appraisal," MPRA Paper 15340, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Savuth Cheng, 2012. "Foreign direct investment and productivity spillovers: Empirical evidence from Cambodia," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(3), pages 2015-2025.
- repec:bas:econth:y:2012:i:3:p:3-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Louri, Helen & Peppas, Costas & Tsionas, Efthymios, 2006. "Foreign presence, technical efficiency and firm survival in Greece: a simultaneous equation model with latent variables approach," MPRA Paper 29274, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pavlos Petroulas, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment in Greece: Productivity and Spillover effects," Economic Bulletin, Bank of Greece, issue 31, pages 31-48, November.
- Luciano Nakabashi & Márcio A. Salvato, 2007. "Human Capital Quality in the Brazilian States," Economia, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics], vol. 8(2), pages 211-222.
- repec:bas:econth:y:2012:i:3:p:21-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- CUYVERS, Ludo & SOENG, Reth & PLASMANS, Joseph & VAN DEN BULCKE, Daniël, 2008. "Productivity spillovers from foreign direct investment in the Cambodian manufacturing sector: Evidence from establishment-level data," Working Papers 2008004, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Steve Loris Gui-Diby & S. Selsah Pasali & Diana Rodriguez-Wong, "undated". "This paper attempts to shed some light on the relationship between gender, financial constraints and productivity. It uses firm-level data from 23 Asian countries, and models with correction of select," MPDD Working Paper Series WP/17/01, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Jan Stejskal & Abdelwalid Rouag, 2015. "Knowledge spillovers from foreign direct invesments ? Czech case study," ERSA conference papers ersa15p946, European Regional Science Association.
- Dimelis, Sophia P. & Lyriotaki, Maria-Niki, 2007. "Inventory investment and foreign ownership in Greek manufacturing firms," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1-2), pages 8-14, July.
More about this item
KeywordsFDI; multinationals; productivity; spillovers; size;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:140:y:2004:i:2:p:230-253. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .