Multinational enterprises, regional economic integration, and export-platform production in the host countries: An empirical analysis for the US and Japanese corporations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas P Woodward & Robert J Rolfe, 1993. "The Location of Export-Oriented Foreign Direct Investment in the Caribbean Basin," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(1), pages 121-144, March.
- Lee, Jaymin, 1986. "Determinants of offshore production in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-13.
- Kravis, Irving B. & Lipsey, Robert E., 1982.
"The location of overseas production and production for export by U.S. multinational firms,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 201-223, May.
- Irving B. Kravis & Robert E. Lipsey, 1980. "The Location of Overseas Production and Production for Export by U.S. Multinational Firms," NBER Working Papers 0482, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nayyar, Deepak, 1978. "Transnational Corporations and Manufactured Exports from Poor Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(349), pages 59-84, March.
- Pritchett, Lant, 1996. "Measuring outward orientation in LDCs: Can it be done?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 307-335, May.
- Thomas Andersson & Torbjörn Fredriksson, 1996. "International Organization of Production and Variation in Exports from Affiliates," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(2), pages 249-263, June.
- Nagesh Kumar, 1994. "Determinants of Export Orientation of Foreign Production by U.S. Multinationals: An Inter-Country Analysis," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(1), pages 141-156, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ram Upendra Das, 2013. "Economic integration in the " Heart of Asia": South Asia-Central Asia Linkage," Development Papers 1305, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) South and South-West Asia Office.
- Carlos A. Cinquetti, 2008. "Multinationals and Exports in a Large and Protected Developing Country," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(5), pages 904-918, November.
- Nagesh Kumar, 2007. "Regional Economic Integration, Foreign Direct Investment and Efficiency-Seeking Industrial Restructuring in Asia : The Case of India," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22110, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Akiomi Yutaka Horiba & Kazuo Yoshida, 2003. "Determinants Of The Initial Decisions By Japanese Firmsto Undertake Foreign Direct Investment," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 03-09, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Muhammad Tariq Majeed & Eatzaz Ahmad, 2006. "Determinants of Exports in Developing Countries," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 45(4), pages 1265-1276.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 2001. "Determinants of location of overseas R&D activity of multinational enterprises: the case of US and Japanese corporations1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 159-174, January.
- Nagesh Kumar & Kevin P. Gallagher, 2007. "Relevance of Ã¢â‚¬ËœPolicy SpaceÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ for Development : Implications for Multilateral Trade Negotiations," Trade Working Papers 22111, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kumar, Nagesh & Aggarwal, Aradhna, 2005. "Liberalization, outward orientation and in-house R&D activity of multinational and local firms: A quantitative exploration for Indian manufacturing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 441-460, May.
- Nagesh Kumar, 2007.
"Investment Provisions in Regional Trading Arrangements in Asia : Relevance, Emerging Trends, and Policy Implications,"
Trade Working Papers
22109, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Nagesh Kumar, 2007. "Investment Provisions in Regional Trading Arrangements in Asia: Relevance, Emerging Trends, and Policy Implications," Working Papers 4607, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Demeter, Krisztina, 2014. "Operating internationally—The impact on operational performance improvement," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 172-182.
- Muhammad Tariq Majeed & Eatzaz Ahmad, 2007. "FDI and Exports in Developing Countries: Theory and Evidence," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 46(4), pages 735-750.
- Nguyen-Huu, Thanh Tam & Nguyen-Khac, Minh, 2017. "Impacts of export-platform FDI on backward linkages - Do third country size, trade agreements and heterogeneity of firms matter? Evidence from the Vietnamese supporting industries," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-21, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Nagesh Kumar & Prabir De, 2008. "East Asian Infrastructure Development in a Comparative Global Perspective : An Analysis of RIS Infrastructure Index," Development Economics Working Papers 22114, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Hassan, Sohaib Shahzad & Jindra, Björn & Cantner, Uwe & Günther, Jutta, 2013. "Emerging market multinationals in the European Union – A location choice analysis," MPRA Paper 52002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rashid Amjad & Ejaz Ghani & Musleh ud Din & Tariq Mahmood, 2012.
"Export Barriers in Pakistan: Results of a Firm-Level Survey,"
Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 17(Special E), pages 103-134, September.
- Amjad, Rashid & Ghani, Ejaz & Din, Musleh ud & Mahmood, Tariq, 2012. "Export Barriers in Pakistan: Results of a Firm-Level Survey," MPRA Paper 41978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash & Das, Keshab & Paul, Mahua, 2006. "Export-orientation of Foreign Manufacturing Affiliates in India: Factors, Tendencies and Implications," MPRA Paper 12338, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Esiyok, Bulent, 2011. "Determinants of foreign direct investment in Turkey: a panel study approach," MPRA Paper 36568, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ram Upendra Das, 2009. "Regional Economic Integration in South Asia : Prospects and Challenges," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22987, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Nguyen-Huu, Thanh Tam & Nguyen-Khac, Minh, 2017. "Impacts of Export-platform FDI on the production of upstream industries - do third country size, trade agreements and local content requirement matter? Evidence from the Vietnamese supporting industri," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 11, pages 1-33.
- Nagesh Kumar, 2013. "Trade, Capital Flows and the Balance of Payments," Development Papers 1303, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) South and South-West Asia Office.
- Rashmi Banga, 2003. "The differential impact of Japanese and U.S. foreign direct investments on exports of Indian manufacturing," Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi Working Papers 106, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi, India.
- Shib Sankar Jana & Tarak Nath Sahu & Krishna Dayal Pandey, 2020. "How far is FDI relevant to India’s foreign trade growth? An empirical investigation," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 9(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Farrell, Roger & Gaston, Noel & Sturm, Jan-Egbert, 2004. "Determinants of Japan's foreign direct investment: An industry and country panel study, 1984-1998," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 161-182, June.
- Hadili, Abduraawf & Raab, Roman & Wenzelburger, Jan, 2016. "Trade Liberalization in Arab Maghreb Union Countries," MPRA Paper 71123, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:134:y:1998:i:3:p:450-483. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.