Disinflation costs, accelerating inflation gains, and central bank independence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- S. Eijffinger & M. Van Keulen, 1995.
"Central bank independence in another eleven countries,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 48(192), pages 39-81.
- S. Eijffinger & M. Van Keulen, 1995. "Central bank independence in another eleven countries," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 48(192), pages 39-81.
- Eijffinger, S. & van Keulen, M., 1994. "Central Bank Independence in Another Eleven Countries," Papers 9494, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & van Keulen, M., 1994. "Central bank independence in another eleven countries," Discussion Paper 1994-94, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & van Keulen, M., 1995. "Central bank independence in another eleven countries," Other publications TiSEM 32e466b5-7f2a-4856-881a-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W., 1993. "Central bank independence in twelve industrial countries," Other publications TiSEM 0401b17a-e2c7-4179-ace9-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Posen, Adam, 1998.
"Central Bank Independence and Disinflationary Credibility: A Missing Link?,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 50(3), pages 335-359, July.
- Adam S. Posen, 1995. "Central bank independence and disinflationary credibility: a missing link?," Staff Reports 1, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Laurence Ball, 1994. "What Determines the Sacrifice Ratio?," NBER Chapters,in: Monetary Policy, pages 155-193 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Sachs, 1985. "The Dollar and the Policy Mix: 1985," NBER Working Papers 1636, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Taylor, John B, 1983. "Union Wage Settlements during a Disinflation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 981-993, December.
- Alesina, Alberto & Summers, Lawrence H, 1993. "Central Bank Independence and Macroeconomic Performance: Some Comparative Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 151-162, May.
- Andreas Fischer, 1996. "Central bank independence and sacrifice ratios," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 5-18, January.
- Eijffinger, S. & De Hann, J., 1995.
"The Political Economy of Central Bank Independence,"
9587, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Eijffinger, S-C-W & de Haan, J, 1996. "The Political Economy of Central-Bank Independence," Princeton Studies in International Economics 19, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Cukierman, Alex & Webb, Steven B & Neyapti, Bilin, 1992. "Measuring the Independence of Central Banks and Its Effect on Policy Outcomes," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 353-398, September.
- Guy Debelle & Stanley Fischer, 1994. "How independent should a central bank be?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 38, pages 195-225.
- Grubb, David B. & Jackman, Richard & Layard, Richard, 1983. "Wage rigidity and unemployment in OECD countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 11-39.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2001.
"Institutions and macroeconomic performance: Central bank independence, labour market institutions and the perspectives for inflation and employment in the European Monetary Union,"
WSI Working Papers
95, The Institute of Economic and Social Research (WSI), Hans-Böckler-Foundation.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2001. "Institutions and Macroeconomic Performance: Central Bank Independence, Labour Market Institutions and the Perspectives for Inflation and Employment in the European Monetary Union," MPRA Paper 18880, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mazumder, Sandeep, 2014.
"Determinants of the sacrifice ratio: Evidence from OECD and non-OECD countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 117-135.
- Mazumder, Sandeep, 2012. "Determinants of the Sacrifice Ratio: Evidence from OECD and non-OECD countries," Working Papers 106, Wake Forest University, Economics Department.
- Mazumder, Sandeep, 2017. "Output gains from accelerating core inflation," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 63-74.
- Giamattei, Marcus, 2015. "Cold Turkey vs. gradualism: Evidence on disinflation strategies from a laboratory experiment," Passauer Diskussionspapiere, Volkswirtschaftliche Reihe V-67-15, University of Passau, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- David R. Johnson & Sebastian Gerlich, 2002. "How Has Inflation Changed in Canada? A Comparison of 19892001 to 19641988," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 28(4), pages 563-579, December.
- Jean-Jacques Durand & Marilyne Huchet-Bourdon & Julien Licheron, 2008.
"Sacrifice ratio dispersion within the Euro Zone: what can be learned about implementing a single monetary policy?,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(5), pages 601-621.
- Marilyne Huchet-Bourdon & Jean-Jacques Durand & Julien Licheron, 2008. "Sacrifice ratio dispersion within the Euro Zone:What can be learned about implementing a Single Monetary Policy?," Post-Print halshs-00143793, HAL.
- Devrim Yavuz & Arzu Cetinkaya, 2002. "Calculation Of Output-Inflation Sacrifice Ratio : The Case Of Turkey," Working Papers 0211, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Jérôme Coffinet & Céline Poilly, 2009.
"Une évaluation structurelle du ratio de sacrifice dans la zone euro,"
Revue d'économie politique,
Dalloz, vol. 119(2), pages 273-299.
- Coffinet, J. & Matheron, J. & Poilly , C., 2007. "Une évaluation structurelle du ratio de sacrifice dans la zone euro," Working papers 163, Banque de France.
- Temple, Jonathan, 2002. "Openness, Inflation, and the Phillips Curve: A Puzzle," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(2), pages 450-468, May.
- Down Ian, 2009. "Central Bank Independence, Disinflations and Monetary Policy," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 10(3), pages 1-22, January.
- Athanasios Anastasiou, 2009. "Central Bank Independence and Economic Performance," Cyprus Economic Policy Review, University of Cyprus, Economics Research Centre, vol. 3(1), pages 123-156, June.
- Jordan, Thomas J., 1999. "Central bank independence and the sacrifice ratio," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 229-255, June.
- Mazumder, Sandeep, 2014. "The sacrifice ratio and core inflation," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 400-421.
- Danilo José Rodrigues Passos & Pedro Garcia Duarte, 2014. "Reavaliando A Relação Entre Independência Do Banco Central E Custos De Desinflação: Uma Análise De Viés De Seleção," Anais do XLI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 41st Brazilian Economics Meeting] 040, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Giuseppe Diana & MoÏse Sidiropoulos, 2006. "Central Bank Independence and the Cost of Disinflation: Why the Wage Contracts Length Matters?," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 12(3), pages 287-297, August.
- Pickering Andrew & Valle Héctor A., 2012. "Openness, Imported Commodities and the Sacrifice Ratio," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Celine Gauthier & Virginie Traclet, 2004. "Do Domestic Macroeconomic Factors Play a Role in Determining Long-Term Nominal Interest Rates? Application in the Case of a Small Open-Economy," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 90, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Andrew J. Filardo, 1998. "New evidence on the output cost of fighting inflation," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III.
- Chrigui, Zouhair & Boujelbene, Younes & Mhamdi, Ghrissi, 2011. "Central Bank independence and inflation: Evidence from emerging countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 453-469, May.
- Lawrence Huiyan Zhang, 2001. "Sacrifice Ratios with Long-Lived Effects," Economics Working Paper Archive 446, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsE31; E32; E58; F40; F15;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:133:y:1997:i:1:p:1-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.