Automatic spectral density estimation for random fields on a lattice via bootstrap
This paper considers the nonparametric estimation of spectral densities for second order stationary random fields on a d-dimensional lattice. I discuss some drawbacks of standard methods, and propose modified estimator classes with improved bias convergence rate, emphasizing the use of kernel methods and the choice of an optimal smoothing number. I prove uniform consistency and study the uniform asymptotic distribution, when the optimal smoothing number is estimated from the sampled data.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 18 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=120411|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter M. Robinson & J. Vidal Sanz, 2005.
"Modified whittle estimation of multilateral models on a lattice,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
4545, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Robinson, P.M. & Vidal Sanz, J., 2006. "Modified Whittle estimation of multilateral models on a lattice," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1090-1120, May.
- Peter M Robinson & J Vidal Sanz, 2005. "Modified Whittle Estimation of Multilateral Models on a Lattice," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 492, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Jose M. Vidal-Sanz, 2007.
"Automatic spectral density estimation for Random fields on a lattice via bootstrap,"
Business Economics Working Papers
wb072606, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Jose Vidal-Sanz, 2009. "Automatic spectral density estimation for random fields on a lattice via bootstrap," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 96-114, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:testjl:v:18:y:2009:i:1:p:96-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.