Automatic spectral density estimation for Random fields on a lattice via bootstrap
This paper considers the nonparametric estimation of spectral densities for second order stationary random fields on a d-dimensional lattice. I discuss some drawbacks of standard methods, and propose modified estimator classes with improved bias convergence rate, emphasizing the use of kernel methods and the choice of an optimal smoothing number. I prove uniform consistency and study the uniform asymptotic distribution, when the optimal smoothing number is estimated from the sampled data.
|Date of creation:||May 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Calle Madrid 126, 28903 Getafe (Madrid)|
Phone: +34 91 624-9630
Fax: +34 91 624-9608
Web page: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/dpto_economia_empresa
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter M Robinson & J Vidal Sanz, 2005.
"Modified Whittle Estimation of Multilateral Models on a Lattice,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series
492, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Robinson, P.M. & Vidal Sanz, J., 2006. "Modified Whittle estimation of multilateral models on a lattice," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1090-1120, May.
- Peter M. Robinson & J. Vidal Sanz, 2005. "Modified whittle estimation of multilateral models on a lattice," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 4545, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jose M. Vidal-Sanz, 2007.
"Automatic spectral density estimation for Random fields on a lattice via bootstrap,"
Business Economics Working Papers
wb072606, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Jose Vidal-Sanz, 2009. "Automatic spectral density estimation for random fields on a lattice via bootstrap," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 96-114, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:wbrepe:wb072606. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.