Automatic spectral density estimation for Random fields on a lattice via bootstrap
This paper considers the nonparametric estimation of spectral densities for second order stationary random fields on a d-dimensional lattice. I discuss some drawbacks of standard methods, and propose modified estimator classes with improved bias convergence rate, emphasizing the use of kernel methods and the choice of an optimal smoothing number. I prove uniform consistency and study the uniform asymptotic distribution, when the optimal smoothing number is estimated from the sampled data.
|Date of creation:||May 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.business.uc3m.es/es/index|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robinson, P.M. & Vidal Sanz, J., 2006.
"Modified Whittle estimation of multilateral models on a lattice,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1090-1120, May.
- Peter M Robinson & J Vidal Sanz, 2005. "Modified Whittle Estimation of Multilateral Models on a Lattice," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 492, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Peter M. Robinson & J. Vidal Sanz, 2005. "Modified whittle estimation of multilateral models on a lattice," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 4545, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Vidal-Sanz, Jose M., 2007.
"Automatic spectral density estimation for Random fields on a lattice via bootstrap,"
DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB
wb072606, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Jose Vidal-Sanz, 2009. "Automatic spectral density estimation for random fields on a lattice via bootstrap," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 96-114, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:wbrepe:wb072606. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.