Goodness of fit for lattice processes
The paper discusses tests for the correct specification of a model when data is observed in a d-dimensional lattice, extending previous work when the data is collected in the real line. As it happens with the latter type of data, the asymptotic distributions of the tests are functionals of a Gaussian sheet process, say , [nu][set membership, variant][0,[pi]]d. Since it is not easy to find a time transformation h([nu]) such that becomes the standard Brownian sheet, a consequence is that the critical values are difficult, if at all possible, to obtain. So, to overcome the problem of its implementation, we propose employing a bootstrap approach, showing its validity in our context.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Diblasi & A. W. Bowman, 2001. "On the Use of the Variogram in Checking for Independence in Spatial Data," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 57(1), pages 211-218, 03.
- Peter M Robinson & J Vidal Sanz, 2005.
"Modified Whittle Estimation of Multilateral Models on a Lattice,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series
492, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Robinson, P.M. & Vidal Sanz, J., 2006. "Modified Whittle estimation of multilateral models on a lattice," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1090-1120, May.
- Peter M. Robinson & J. Vidal Sanz, 2005. "Modified whittle estimation of multilateral models on a lattice," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 4545, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hidalgo, J. & Kreiss, J.-P., 2006. "Bootstrap specification tests for linear covariance stationary processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 807-839, August.
- Hidalgo, Javier, 2003. "An alternative bootstrap to moving blocks for time series regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 369-399, December.
- An, Hong-Zhi & Chen, Zhao-Guo & Hannan, E. J., 1983. "The maximum of the periodogram," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 383-400, September.
- Efstathios Paparoditis, 2000. "Spectral Density Based Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Time Series Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 27(1), pages 143-176.
- Hong, Yongmiao, 1996. "Consistent Testing for Serial Correlation of Unknown Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 837-64, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:151:y:2009:i:2:p:113-128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.