The exponentiated Weibull distribution: a survey
A review is given of the exponentiated Weibull distribution, the first generalization of the two-parameter Weibull distribution to accommodate nonmonotone hazard rates. The properties reviewed include: moments, order statistics, characterizations, generalizations and related distributions, transformations, graphical estimation, maximum likelihood estimation, Bayes estimation, other estimation, discrimination, goodness of fit tests, regression models, applications, multivariate generalizations, and computer software. Some of the results given are new and hitherto unknown. It is hoped that this review could serve as an important reference and encourage developments of further generalizations of the two-parameter Weibull distribution. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2013
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 54 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/statistics/business/journal/362|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rodrigues, Josemar & Balakrishnan, N. & Cordeiro, Gauss M. & de Castro, Mário, 2011. "A unified view on lifetime distributions arising from selection mechanisms," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(12), pages 3311-3319, December.
- Carol Alexander & Jose Maria Sarabia, 2010.
"Generalized Beta-Generated Distributions,"
ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance
icma-dp2010-09, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Kundu, Debasis & Raqab, Mohammad Z., 2005. "Generalized Rayleigh distribution: different methods of estimations," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 187-200, April.
- Chahkandi, M. & Ganjali, M., 2009. "On some lifetime distributions with decreasing failure rate," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(12), pages 4433-4440, October.
- Hashimoto, Elizabeth M. & Ortega, Edwin M.M. & Cancho, Vicente G. & Cordeiro, Gauss M., 2010. "The log-exponentiated Weibull regression model for interval-censored data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1017-1035, April.
- Meintanis, Simos G., 2008. "A new approach of goodness-of-fit testing for exponentiated laws applied to the generalized Rayleigh distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 2496-2503, January.
- J. Ruiz & J. Navarro, 1996. "Characterizations based on conditional expectations of the doubled truncated distribution," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 563-572, September.
- Amit Choudhury, 2005. "A Simple Derivation of Moments of the Exponentiated Weibull Distribution," Metrika, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 17-22, 09.
- Cid, Juan Esteban Ramirez & Achcar, Jorge Alberto, 1999. "Bayesian inference for nonhomogeneous Poisson processes in software reliability models assuming nonmonotonic intensity functions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 147-159, December.
- M. Jones, 2004. "Families of distributions arising from distributions of order statistics," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 1-43, June.
- Fawziah Alshunnar & Mohammad Raqab & Debasis Kundu, 2010. "On the comparison of the Fisher information of the log-normal and generalized Rayleigh distributions," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 391-404.
- Chansoo Kim & Jinhyouk Jung & Younshik Chung, 2011. "Bayesian estimation for the exponentiated Weibull model under Type II progressive censoring," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 53-70, February.
- Saralees Nadarajah, 2009. "Bathtub-shaped failure rate functions," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 43(5), pages 855-863, September.
- Barreto-Souza, Wagner & Cribari-Neto, Francisco, 2009. "A generalization of the exponential-Poisson distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(24), pages 2493-2500, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:stpapr:v:54:y:2013:i:3:p:839-877. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.