Generalized beta-generated distributions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Carol Alexander & Gauss M. Cordeiro & Edwin M. M. Ortega & José María Sarabia, 2011. "Generalized Beta-Generated Distributions," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2011-05, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Carol Alexander & Jose Maria Sarabia, 2010. "Generalized Beta-Generated Distributions," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2010-09, Henley Business School, Reading University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1994.
"Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 705-730, August.
- Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation," RCER Working Papers 322, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Hansen's GARCH models with time-varying t-densities," Statistical Software Components RTZ00086, Boston College Department of Economics.
- M. Jones, 2004. "Families of distributions arising from distributions of order statistics," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 13(1), pages 1-43, June.
- Kjersti Aas & Ingrid Hobaek Haff, 2006. "The Generalized Hyperbolic Skew Student's t-Distribution," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(2), pages 275-309.
- McDonald, James B, 1984. "Some Generalized Functions for the Size Distribution of Income," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 647-663, May.
- M. C. Jones & M. J. Faddy, 2003. "A skew extension of the "t"-distribution, with applications," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(1), pages 159-174.
- Zhu, Dongming & Galbraith, John W., 2010.
"A generalized asymmetric Student-t distribution with application to financial econometrics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 157(2), pages 297-305, August.
- Dongming Zhu & John Galbraith, 2009. "A Generalized Asymmetric Student-t Distribution with Application to Financial Econometrics," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-13, CIRANO.
- John Galbraith & Dongming Zhu, 2009. "A Generalized Asymmetric Student-T Distribution With Application To Financial Econometrics," Departmental Working Papers 2009-02, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Brys, Guy & Hubert, Mia & Struyf, Anja, 2006. "Robust measures of tail weight," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 733-759, February.
- Arnold, Barry C. & Castillo, Enrique & Sarabia, Jose Maria, 2006. "Families of Multivariate Distributions Involving the Rosenblatt Construction," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1652-1662, December.
- McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao J., 1995.
"A generalization of the beta distribution with applications,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, pages 133-152.
- McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao J., 1995. "A generalization of the beta distribution with applications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 427-428, October.
- Nadarajah, Saralees, 2008. "Explicit expressions for moments of order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 196-205, February.
- Amit Choudhury, 2005. "A Simple Derivation of Moments of the Exponentiated Weibull Distribution," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 17-22, September.
- repec:eee:reensy:v:91:y:2006:i:6:p:689-697 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. C. Jones & P. V. Larsen, 2004. "Multivariate distributions with support above the diagonal," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(4), pages 975-986, December.
- Stasinopoulos, D. Mikis & Rigby, Robert A., 2007. "Generalized Additive Models for Location Scale and Shape (GAMLSS) in R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 23(i07).
- Ebrahimi, Nader & Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Soofi, Ehsan S., 1999. "Ordering univariate distributions by entropy and variance," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 317-336, June.
- Adelchi Azzalini & Antonella Capitanio, 2003. "Distributions generated by perturbation of symmetry with emphasis on a multivariate skew "t"-distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(2), pages 367-389.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:reensy:v:124:y:2014:i:c:p:32-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mameli, Valentina, 2015. "The Kumaraswamy skew-normal distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 75-81.
- Carol Alexander & Jose Maria Sarabia, 2010. "Endogenizing Model Risk to Quantile Estimates," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2010-07, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Ibrahim Elbatal & Francesca Condino & Filippo Domma, 2016. "Reflected Generalized Beta Inverse Weibull Distribution: definition and properties," Sankhya B: The Indian Journal of Statistics, Springer;Indian Statistical Institute, vol. 78(2), pages 316-340, November.
- Emanuela Ciapanna & Marco Taboga & Eliana Viviano, 2015. "Sectoral differences in managers’ compensation: insights from a matching model," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1000, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- repec:spr:jstada:v:4:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40488-017-0079-y is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:jagbes:v:22:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s13253-017-0301-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Greselin, Francesca & Zitikis, Ricardas, 2015. "Measuring economic inequality and risk: a unifying approach based on personal gambles, societal preferences and references," MPRA Paper 65892, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesca Condino & Filippo Domma, 2017. "A new distribution function with bounded support: the reflected generalized Topp-Leone power series distribution," METRON, Springer;Sapienza Università di Roma, vol. 75(1), pages 51-68, April.
- repec:spr:opsear:v:54:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s12597-016-0281-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Saralees Nadarajah & Gauss Cordeiro & Edwin Ortega, 2013. "The exponentiated Weibull distribution: a survey," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 839-877, August.
- Beatriz R. Lanjoni & Edwin M. M. Ortega & Gauss M. Cordeiro, 2016. "Extended Burr XII Regression Models: Theory and Applications," Journal of Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Statistics, Springer;The International Biometric Society;American Statistical Association, vol. 21(1), pages 203-224, March.
- Muhammad H Tahir & Gauss M. Cordeiro, 2016. "Compounding of distributions: a survey and new generalized classes," Journal of Statistical Distributions and Applications, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 1-35, December.
More about this item
KeywordsEntropy; Exponentiated; Kumaraswamy; Kurtosis; McDonald; Minimax; Skewness;
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:56:y:2012:i:6:p:1880-1897. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.