Indicating Socioeconomic Status among Elderly People in Developing Societies: An Example from Brazil
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 73 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (08)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martelin, Tuija, 1994. "Mortality by indicators of socioeconomic status among the finnish elderly," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1257-1278, May.
- Emmanuel Fiadzo & Jack Houston & Deborah Godwin, 2001. "Estimating Housing Quality for Poverty and Development Policy Analysis: CWIQ in Ghana," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 53(2), pages 137-162, February.
- John Goodman, 1978. "Causes and indicators of housing quality," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 195-210, March.
- Angelique Chan & Mary Ofstedal & Albert Hermalin, 2002. "Changes in Subjective and Objective Measures of Economic Well-Being and Their Interrelationship among the Elderly in Singapore and Taiwan," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 57(3), pages 263-300, March.
- Deon Filmer & Lant Pritchett, 2001. "Estimating Wealth Effects Without Expenditure Data—Or Tears: An Application To Educational Enrollments In States Of India," Demography, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 115-132, February.
- Deon Filmer & Lant Pritchett, 1999. "The Effect of Household Wealth on Educational Attainment: Evidence from 35 Countries," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 25(1), pages 85-120.
- Cortinovis, I. & Vella, V. & Ndiku, J., 1993. "Construction of a socio-economic index to facilitate analysis of health data in developing countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1087-1097, April.
- Mark Montgomery & Michele Gragnolati & Kathleen Burke & Edmundo Paredes, 2000. "Measuring living standards with proxy variables," Demography, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 155-174, May.
- Zimmer, Zachary & Amornsirisomboon, Pattama, 2001. "Socioeconomic status and health among older adults in Thailand: an examination using multiple indicators," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(8), pages 1297-1311, April.
- Elizabeth Arias & Susan Vos, 1996. "Using housing items to indicate socioeconomic status: Latin America," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 53-80, May.
- Howard J. Sumka, 1977. "Measuring the Quality of Housing: An Econometric Analysis of Tax Appraisal Records," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 53(3), pages 298-309.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:soinre:v:73:y:2005:i:1:p:87-108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.