Generalized stochastic dominance and bad outcome aversion
Incomplete preferences over lotteries on a ¯nite set of alternatives satisfying, besides independence and continuity, a property called bad outcome aversion are considered. These preferences are characterized in terms of their speci¯c multi-expected utility representations (cf. Dubra et al., 2004), and can be seen as generalized stochastic dominance preferences.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 35 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00355/index.htm|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Juan Dubra & Fabio Maacheroni & Efe A. Ok, 2001.
"Expected Utility Theory without the Completeness Axiom,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1294, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dubra, Juan & Maccheroni, Fabio & Ok, Efe A., 2004. "Expected utility theory without the completeness axiom," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 118-133, March.
- Juan Dubra & Fabio Maccheroni & Efe Oki, 2001. "Expected utility theory without the completeness axiom," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 11-2001, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Fishburn, Peter C., 1976. "Continua of stochastic dominance relations for bounded probability distributions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 295-311, December.
- Perea Andres & Peters Hans & Schulteis Tim & Vermeulen Dries, 2005.
"Stochastic dominance equilibria in two-person noncooperative games,"
004, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Andres Perea & Hans Peters & Tim Schulteis & Dries Vermeulen, 2006. "Stochastic dominance equilibria in two-person noncooperative games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 457-473, November.
- Haim Levy, 1992. "Stochastic Dominance and Expected Utility: Survey and Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(4), pages 555-593, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:sochwe:v:35:y:2010:i:2:p:285-290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.