Firms’ approach to mitigating risks in the platinum group metals sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sven Renner & Friedrich W. Wellmer, 2020. "Volatility drivers on the metal market and exposure of producing countries," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 33(3), pages 311-340, October.
- Gavin Capps & Sonwabile Mnwana, 2015. "Claims from below: platinum and the politics of land in the Bakgatla-ba-Kgafela traditional authority area," Review of African Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(146), pages 606-624, October.
- Mutti, Diana & Yakovleva, Natalia & Vazquez-Brust, Diego & Di Marco, Martín H., 2012. "Corporate social responsibility in the mining industry: Perspectives from stakeholder groups in Argentina," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 212-222.
- World Bank, 2019. "Digging Beneath the Surface," World Bank Publications - Reports 32107, The World Bank Group.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Moses Nyakuwanika & Huibrecht Margaretha van der Poll & John Andrew van der Poll, 2021. "A Conceptual Framework for Greener Goldmining through Environmental Management Accounting Practices (EMAPs): The Case of Zimbabwe," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(18), pages 1-26, September.
- Kulczycka, Joanna & Wirth, Herbert & Hausner, Jerzy, 2017. "Polish tax policy - its impact on the mineral sector," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 72-80.
- Mauro Cordella & Felice Alfieri & Javier Sanfelix, 2021. "Reducing the carbon footprint of ICT products through material efficiency strategies: A life cycle analysis of smartphones," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 25(2), pages 448-464, April.
- Veronica Devenin & Constanza Bianchi, 2018. "Soccer fields? What for? Effectiveness of corporate social responsibility initiatives in the mining industry," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 25(5), pages 866-879, September.
- Mason, Claire M. & Paxton, Gillian & Parsons, Richard & Parr, Joanna M. & Moffat, Kieren, 2014. "“For the benefit of Australians”: Exploring national expectations of the mining industry," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-8.
- Runhui Lin & Yuan Gui & Zaiyang Xie & Lu Liu, 2019. "Green Governance and International Business Strategies of Emerging Economies’ Multinational Enterprises: A Multiple-Case Study of Chinese Firms in Pollution-Intensive Industries," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(4), pages 1-32, February.
- Viveros, Hector, 2017. "Unpacking stakeholder mechanisms to influence corporate social responsibility in the mining sector," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1-12.
- Cruz, Thiago Leite & Matlaba, Valente José & Mota, José Aroudo & Filipe dos Santos, Jorge, 2021. "Measuring the social license to operate of the mining industry in an Amazonian town: A case study of Canaã dos Carajás, Brazil," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C).
- Nicholas Cook & Emily Sarver & Leigh-Anne Krometis, 2015. "Putting Corporate Social Responsibility to Work in Mining Communities: Exploring Community Needs for Central Appalachian Wastewater Treatment," Resources, MDPI, vol. 4(2), pages 1-18, April.
- Devenin, Verónica, 2021. "Collaborative community development in mining regions: The Calama Plus and Creo Antofagasta programs in Chile," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C).
- Haslam, Paul Alexander, 2021. "The micro-politics of corporate responsibility: How companies shape protest in communities affected by mining," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 139(C).
- Preuss, Lutz & Vazquez-Brust, Diego & Yakovleva, Natalia & Foroughi, Hamid & Mutti, Diana, 2022. "When social movements close institutional voids: Triggers, processes, and consequences for multinational enterprises," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(1).
- Sarah Lauwo, 2018. "Challenging Masculinity in CSR Disclosures: Silencing of Women’s Voices in Tanzania’s Mining Industry," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 149(3), pages 689-706, May.
- Saleem H. Ali, 2016. "The Ethics of Space and Time in Mining Projects: Matching Technical Tools with Social Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 135(4), pages 645-651, June.
- Catherine Macdonald, 2017. "The role of participation in sustainable community development programmes in the extractives industries," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2017-28, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Korski, Jacek & Tobór–Osadnik, Katarzyna & Wyganowska, Małgorzata, 2016. "Reasons of problems of the polish hard coal mining in connection with restructuring changes in the period 1988–2014," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 25-31.
- Olofsson, Malin, 2021. "Expanding commodity frontiers and the emergence of customary land markets: A case study of tree-crop farming in Venda, South Africa," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C).
- Pereira, Vijay & Tuffour, James & Patnaik, Swetketu & Temouri, Yama & Malik, Ashish & Singh, Sanjay Kumar, 2021. "The quest for CSR: Mapping responsible and irresponsible practices in an intra-organizational context in Ghana’s gold mining industry," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 268-281.
- Jonek Kowalska, Izabela, 2015. "Challenges for long-term industry restructuring in the Upper Silesian Coal Basin: What has Polish coal mining achieved and failed from a twenty-year perspective?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 135-149.
- Govindan, K. & Muduli, K. & Devika, K. & Barve, A., 2016. "Investigation of the influential strength of factors on adoption of green supply chain management practices: An Indian mining scenario," Resources, Conservation & Recycling, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 185-194.
More about this item
KeywordsMining; Firm behavior; South Africa; Platinum group metals; Risks; Shocks; Commodities; Extractives;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:minecn:v:34:y:2021:i:3:d:10.1007_s13563-021-00249-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.