Firms’ approach to mitigating risks in the platinum group metals sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Manson & Bernard Mbenga, 2003. "'The Richest Tribe in Africa': Platinum-Mining and the Bafokeng in South Africa's North West Province, 1965-1999," Journal of Southern African Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 25-47.
- World Bank, 2019. "Digging Beneath the Surface," World Bank Publications - Reports 32107, The World Bank Group.
- Gavin Capps & Sonwabile Mnwana, 2015. "Claims from below: platinum and the politics of land in the Bakgatla-ba-Kgafela traditional authority area," Review of African Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(146), pages 606-624, October.
- Sven Renner & Friedrich W. Wellmer, 2020. "Volatility drivers on the metal market and exposure of producing countries," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 33(3), pages 311-340, October.
- Mutti, Diana & Yakovleva, Natalia & Vazquez-Brust, Diego & Di Marco, Martín H., 2012. "Corporate social responsibility in the mining industry: Perspectives from stakeholder groups in Argentina," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 212-222.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Veronica Devenin & Constanza Bianchi, 2018. "Soccer fields? What for? Effectiveness of corporate social responsibility initiatives in the mining industry," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 25(5), pages 866-879, September.
- Agung Dwi Sutrisno & Yun-Ju Chen & I Wayan Koko Suryawan & Chun-Hung Lee, 2023. "Building a Community’s Adaptive Capacity for Post-Mining Plans Based on Important Performance Analysis: Case Study from Indonesia," Land, MDPI, vol. 12(7), pages 1-21, June.
- Sahar E-Vahdati & Nor Azila Mohd Noor & Pei Yew Mah & Francis Chuah & Filzah Md Isa, 2023. "Social and Environmental Sustainability, Workers’ Well-Being, and Affective Organizational Commitment in Palm Oil Industries," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 15(12), pages 1-16, June.
- Nicholas Cook & Emily Sarver & Leigh-Anne Krometis, 2015. "Putting Corporate Social Responsibility to Work in Mining Communities: Exploring Community Needs for Central Appalachian Wastewater Treatment," Resources, MDPI, vol. 4(2), pages 1-18, April.
- Devenin, Verónica, 2021. "Collaborative community development in mining regions: The Calama Plus and Creo Antofagasta programs in Chile," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C).
- Haslam, Paul Alexander, 2021. "The micro-politics of corporate responsibility: How companies shape protest in communities affected by mining," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 139(C).
- Preuss, Lutz & Vazquez-Brust, Diego & Yakovleva, Natalia & Foroughi, Hamid & Mutti, Diana, 2022. "When social movements close institutional voids: Triggers, processes, and consequences for multinational enterprises," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(1).
- Sarah Lauwo, 2018. "Challenging Masculinity in CSR Disclosures: Silencing of Women’s Voices in Tanzania’s Mining Industry," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 149(3), pages 689-706, May.
- Korski, Jacek & Tobór–Osadnik, Katarzyna & Wyganowska, Małgorzata, 2016. "Reasons of problems of the polish hard coal mining in connection with restructuring changes in the period 1988–2014," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 25-31.
- Pereira, Vijay & Tuffour, James & Patnaik, Swetketu & Temouri, Yama & Malik, Ashish & Singh, Sanjay Kumar, 2021. "The quest for CSR: Mapping responsible and irresponsible practices in an intra-organizational context in Ghana’s gold mining industry," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 268-281.
- Olivier Boiral & Iñaki Heras‐Saizarbitoria & Marie‐Christine Brotherton, 2023. "Sustainability management and social license to operate in the extractive industry: The cross‐cultural gap with Indigenous communities," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(1), pages 125-137, February.
- Geraint Harvey & Andy Hodder & Stephen Brammer, 2017. "Trade union participation in CSR deliberation: an evaluation," Industrial Relations Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 42-55, January.
- Rahimi, Esmaeil & Ghasemzadeh, Hasan, 2015. "A new algorithm to determine optimum cut-off grades considering technical, economical, environmental and social aspects," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(P1), pages 51-63.
- Khojastehpour, Morteza & Shams, S.M. Riad, 2020. "Addressing the complexity of stakeholder management in international ecological setting: A CSR approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 302-309.
- Alejandro Milcíades Peña, 2018. "The politics of resonance: Transnational sustainability governance in Argentina," Regulation & Governance, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 12(1), pages 150-170, March.
- Chang Hoon Oh & Daniel Shapiro & Shuna Shu Ham Ho & Jiyoung Shin, 2020. "Location matters: Valuing firm‐specific nonmarket risk in the global mining industry," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(7), pages 1210-1244, July.
- Catherine Macdonald, 2017. "The role of participation in sustainable community development programmes in the extractives industries," WIDER Working Paper Series 028, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Mauro Cordella & Felice Alfieri & Javier Sanfelix, 2021. "Reducing the carbon footprint of ICT products through material efficiency strategies: A life cycle analysis of smartphones," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 25(2), pages 448-464, April.
- Mason, Claire M. & Paxton, Gillian & Parsons, Richard & Parr, Joanna M. & Moffat, Kieren, 2014. "“For the benefit of Australians”: Exploring national expectations of the mining industry," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-8.
- Friedrich-W. Wellmer, 2022. "What we have learned from the past and how we should look forward," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 35(3), pages 765-795, December.
More about this item
KeywordsMining; Firm behavior; South Africa; Platinum group metals; Risks; Shocks; Commodities; Extractives;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:minecn:v:34:y:2021:i:3:d:10.1007_s13563-021-00249-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.