The environmental criticality of primary raw materials – A new methodology to assess global environmental hazard potentials of minerals and metals from mining
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blengini, Gian Andrea & Nuss, Philip & Dewulf, Jo & Nita, Viorel & Peirò, Laura Talens & Vidal-Legaz, Beatriz & Latunussa, Cynthia & Mancini, Lucia & Blagoeva, Darina & Pennington, David & Pellegrini,, 2017. "EU methodology for critical raw materials assessment: Policy needs and proposed solutions for incremental improvements," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 12-19.
- Jin, Yanya & Kim, Junbeum & Guillaume, Bertrand, 2016. "Review of critical material studies," Resources, Conservation & Recycling, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 77-87.
- Conde, Marta, 2017. "Resistance to Mining. A Review," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 80-90.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arendt, Rosalie & Muhl, Marco & Bach, Vanessa & Finkbeiner, Matthias, 2020. "Criticality assessment of abiotic resource use for Europe– application of the SCARCE method," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Vidal, Rosario & Alberola-Borràs, Jaume-Adrià & Mora-Seró, Iván, 2020. "Abiotic depletion and the potential risk to the supply of cesium," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Mitja Mori & Rok Stropnik & Mihael Sekavčnik & Andrej Lotrič, 2021. "Criticality and Life-Cycle Assessment of Materials Used in Fuel-Cell and Hydrogen Technologies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(6), pages 1-29, March.
- Galos, Krzysztof & Lewicka, Ewa & Burkowicz, Anna & Guzik, Katarzyna & Kot-Niewiadomska, Alicja & Kamyk, Jarosław & Szlugaj, Jarosław, 2021. "Approach to identification and classification of the key, strategic and critical minerals important for the mineral security of Poland," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C).
- Hatayama, Hiroki & Tahara, Kiyotaka, 2018. "Adopting an objective approach to criticality assessment: Learning from the past," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 96-102.
- Kim, Juhan & Lee, Jungbae & Kim, BumChoong & Kim, Jinsoo, 2019. "Raw material criticality assessment with weighted indicators: An application of fuzzy analytic hierarchy process," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 225-233.
- Clement Bonnet & Samuel Carcanague & Emmanuel Hache & Gondia Seck & Marine Simoën, 2019. "Vers une Géopolitique de l'énergie plus complexe ? Une analyse prospective tridimensionnelle de la transition énergétique," Working Papers hal-02971706, HAL.
- Lapko, Yulia & Trucco, Paolo, 2018. "Influence of power regimes on identification and mitigation of material criticality: The case of platinum group metals in the automotive sector," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 360-370.
- Andreucci, Diego & Kallis, Giorgos, 2017. "Governmentality, Development and the Violence of Natural Resource Extraction in Peru," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 95-103.
- Matlaba, Valente J. & Mota, José Aroudo & Maneschy, Maria Cristina & Filipe dos Santos, Jorge, 2017. "Social perception at the onset of a mining development in Eastern Amazonia, Brazil," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 157-166.
- Shule Li & Jingjing Yan & Qiuming Pei & Jinghua Sha & Siyu Mou & Yong Xiao, 2019. "Risk Identification and Evaluation of the Long-term Supply of Manganese Mines in China Based on the VW-BGR Method," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(9), pages 1-23, May.
- Huhtala, Anni & Ropponen, Olli, 2020. "Resource and Environmental Policies for the Mining Industry: What Should Governments Do About the Increasing Social and Environmental Risks?," Working Papers 137, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Hinojosa, Leonith & Mzoughi, Naoufel & Napoléone, Claude & Guerrero Villegas, Wilma, 2019. "Does higher place difficulty predict increased attachment? The moderating role of identity," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 1-1.
- Yufeng Chen & Biao Zheng, 2019. "What Happens after the Rare Earth Crisis: A Systematic Literature Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(5), pages 1-26, March.
- Bach, Vanessa & Finogenova, Natalia & Berger, Markus & Winter, Lisa & Finkbeiner, Matthias, 2017. "Enhancing the assessment of critical resource use at the country level with the SCARCE method – Case study of Germany," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 283-299.
- Bookhagen, B. & Bastian, D. & Buchholz, P. & Faulstich, M. & Opper, C. & Irrgeher, J. & Prohaska, T. & Koeberl, C., 2020. "Metallic resources in smartphones," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Clément Bonnet & Samuel Carcanague & Emmanuel Hache & Gondia Sokhna Seck & Marine Simoën, 2019. "Some Geopolitical issues of the Energy Transition," Working Papers hal-03191388, HAL.
- Griffin, Gillian & Gaustad, Gabrielle & Badami, Kedar, 2019. "A framework for firm-level critical material supply management and mitigation," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 262-276.
- Spiegel, Samuel J. & Agrawal, Sumali & Mikha, Dino & Vitamerry, Kartie & Le Billon, Philippe & Veiga, Marcello & Konolius, Kulansi & Paul, Bardolf, 2018. "Phasing Out Mercury? Ecological Economics and Indonesia's Small-Scale Gold Mining Sector," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 1-11.
- Valente José Matlaba & Maria Cristina Maneschy & Jorge Filipe dos Santos & José Aroudo Mota, 2019. "Socioeconomic dynamics of a mining town in Amazon: a case study from Canaã dos Carajás, Brazil," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 32(1), pages 75-90, April.
- Clément Bonnet & Gondia Sokhna Seck & Emmanuel Hache & Marine Simoën & Samuel Carcanague, 2019. "Copper at the Crossroads," Working Papers hal-03192499, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsMining; Environmental hazard potentials; Raw material policy; Criticality; Environmental availability of raw materials;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:minecn:v:32:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s13563-018-0160-0. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.