Prediction of k-records from a general class of distributions under balanced type loss functions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jafari Jozani, Mohammad & Marchand, Éric & Parsian, Ahmad, 2006. "On estimation with weighted balanced-type loss function," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(8), pages 773-780, April.
- Klimczak, Monika, 2006. "Prediction of kth records," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 117-127, January.
- Zellner, A., 1992. "Bayesian and Non-Bayesian Estimation using Balanced Loss Functions," Papers 92-20, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Jafar Ahmadi & M. Doostparast, 2006. "Bayesian estimation and prediction for some life distributions based on record values," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 373-392, June.
- Klimczak, Monika & Rychlik, Tomasz, 2004. "Maximum variance of Kth records," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 421-430, October.
- Danielak, Katarzyna & Raqab, Mohammad Z., 2004. "Sharp bounds on expectations of kth record spacings from restricted families," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 175-187, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elham Basiri & Jafar Ahmadi, 2013. "Nonparametric prediction intervals for progressive Type-II censored order statistics based on $$k$$ k -records," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(6), pages 2825-2848, December.
- Jafar Ahmadi & N. Balakrishnan, 2013. "On the nearness of record values to order statistics from Pitman’s measure of closeness," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 76(4), pages 521-541, May.
- Ahmadi, Jafar & MirMostafaee, S.M.T.K. & Balakrishnan, N., 2010. "Nonparametric prediction intervals for future record intervals based on order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(21-22), pages 1663-1672, November.
- Wang, Bing Xing & Yu, Keming & Coolen, Frank P.A., 2015. "Interval estimation for proportional reversed hazard family based on lower record values," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 115-122.
More about this item
KeywordsAbsolute value error loss; Balanced loss function; Bayes prediction; Conditional median prediction; Maximum likelihood prediction; LINEX loss; Record values;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:metrik:v:70:y:2009:i:1:p:19-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .