Maximum variance of Kth records
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nickos Papadatos, 1995. "Maximum variance of order statistics," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 47(1), pages 185-193, January.
- Lin, G. D. & Huang, J. S., 1989. "Variances of sample medians," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 143-146, June.
- Danielak, Katarzyna & Raqab, Mohammad Z., 2004. "Sharp bounds on expectations of kth record spacings from restricted families," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 175-187, August.
- Nickos Papadatos, 1997. "A Note on Maximum Variance of Order Statistics from Symmetric Populations," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 49(1), pages 117-121, March.
- Bassan, Bruno & Denuit, Michel & Scarsini, Marco, 1999. "Variability orders and mean differences," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, pages 121-130.
- Raqab, Mohammad Z., 1997. "Bounds based on greatest convex minorants for moments of record values," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 35-41, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jafar Ahmadi & Mohammad Jafari Jozani & Éric Marchand & Ahmad Parsian, 2009. "Prediction of k-records from a general class of distributions under balanced type loss functions," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 70(1), pages 19-33, June.
- Rychlik, Tomasz, 2008. "Extreme variances of order statistics in dependent samples," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(12), pages 1577-1582, September.
More about this item
KeywordsVariance Hoeffding's identity Kth record Order Statistic Sharp bound;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:69:y:2004:i:4:p:421-430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .