Maximum variance of Kth records
Papadatos (Ann. Inst. Statist. Math. 47 (1995) 185) provided sharp bounds for the variances of order statistics in population variance units. This paper presents similar results for the variances of kth record values.
Volume (Year): 69 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nickos Papadatos, 1995. "Maximum variance of order statistics," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 47(1), pages 185-193, January.
- Marco Scarsini & Bruno Bassan & Michel Denuit, 1999.
"Variability orders and mean differences,"
- Raqab, Mohammad Z., 1997. "Bounds based on greatest convex minorants for moments of record values," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 35-41, November.
- Lin, G. D. & Huang, J. S., 1989. "Variances of sample medians," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 143-146, June.
- Danielak, Katarzyna & Raqab, Mohammad Z., 2004. "Sharp bounds on expectations of kth record spacings from restricted families," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 175-187, August.
- Nickos Papadatos, 1997. "A Note on Maximum Variance of Order Statistics from Symmetric Populations," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 49(1), pages 117-121, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:69:y:2004:i:4:p:421-430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.