Mixed systems with minimal and maximal lifetime variances
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rychlik, Tomasz, 1994. "Distributions and expectations of order statistics for possibly dependent random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 31-42, January.
- Nickos Papadatos, 1995. "Maximum variance of order statistics," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 47(1), pages 185-193, January.
- Balakrishnan, N. & Balasubramanian, K., 1993. "Equivalence of Hartley--David--Gumbel and Papathanasiou bounds and some further remarks," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 39-41, January.
- Rychlik, Tomasz, 2008. "Extreme variances of order statistics in dependent samples," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(12), pages 1577-1582, September.
- Navarro, Jorge & Balakrishnan, N., 2010. "Study of some measures of dependence between order statistics and systems," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 52-67, January.
- Papathanasiou, V., 1990. "Some characterizations of distributions based on order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 145-147, February.
- Nickos Papadatos, 1997. "A Note on Maximum Variance of Order Statistics from Symmetric Populations," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 49(1), pages 117-121, March.
More about this item
KeywordsMixed system; k-out-of-n system; Samaniego signature; Order statistic; i.i.d. random variables; Variance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:metrik:v:75:y:2012:i:7:p:877-894. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.