A generalization of variance bounds
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cacoullos, T. & Papathanasiou, V., 1985. "On upper bounds for the variance of functions of random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 175-184, July.
- Arnold, Barry C. & Brockett, Patrick L., 1988. "Variance bounds using a theorem of Polya," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 321-326, April.
- Papathanasiou, V., 1990. "Some characterizations of distributions based on order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 145-147, February.
- Cacoullos, T. & Papathanasiou, V., 1989. "Characterizations of distributions by variance bounds," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 351-356, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Balakrishnan, N. & Cramer, E. & Kamps, U., 2001. "Bounds for means and variances of progressive type II censored order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 301-315, October.
More about this item
KeywordsVariance bounds Density-quantile function Order statistics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:28:y:1996:i:2:p:191-194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .