On bounding the absolute mean value
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cacoullos, T. & Papathanasiou, V., 1989. "Characterizations of distributions by variance bounds," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 351-356, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mikami, Toshio, 1998. "Equivalent conditions on the central limit theorem for a sequence of probability measures on R," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 237-242, March.
- Landsman, Zinoviy & Vanduffel, Steven & Yao, Jing, 2015. "Some Stein-type inequalities for multivariate elliptical distributions and applications," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 54-62.
- Giorgos Afendras & Vassilis Papathanasiou, 2014. "A note on a variance bound for the multinomial and the negative multinomial distribution," Naval Research Logistics (NRL), John Wiley & Sons, vol. 61(3), pages 179-183, April.
- Balakrishnan, N. & Cramer, E. & Kamps, U., 2001. "Bounds for means and variances of progressive type II censored order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 301-315, October.
- Salinelli, Ernesto, 2009. "Nonlinear principal components, II: Characterization of normal distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(4), pages 652-660, April.
- Papadatos, N. & Papathanasiou, V., 1996. "A generalization of variance bounds," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 191-194, June.
- Mikami, Toshio, 2004. "Covariance kernel and the central limit theorem in the total variation distance," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 257-268, August.
- Christophe Ley & Gesine Reinert & Yvik Swan, 2014. "Approximate Computation of Expectations: the Canonical Stein Operator," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2014-36, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Arras, Benjamin & Azmoodeh, Ehsan & Poly, Guillaume & Swan, Yvik, 2019. "A bound on the Wasserstein-2 distance between linear combinations of independent random variables," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 129(7), pages 2341-2375.
More about this item
KeywordsCauchy inequality Truncated moments;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:69:y:2004:i:4:p:447-450. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.