A note on comparisons among coherent systems with dependent components using signatures
We extend some ordering properties for coherent systems with independent and identically distributed components given by Kochar et al. (Naval Res. Logist. 46 (1999) 507) to coherent systems with (possibly) dependent components by using the concept of Samaniego's signatures.
Volume (Year): 72 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hu, Taizhong & Hu, Jinjin, 1998. "Comparison of order statistics between dependent and independent random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-6, January.
- Shaked, Moshe & Suarez-Llorens, Alfonso, 2003. "On the Comparison of Reliability Experiments Based on the Convolution Order," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 98, pages 693-702, January.
- Rychlik, Tomasz, 1995. "Bounds for order statistics based on dependent variables with given nonidentical distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 351-358, June.
- Rychlik, Tomasz, 1994. "Distributions and expectations of order statistics for possibly dependent random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 31-42, January.
- Papadatos, Nickos, 2001. "Distribution and expectation bounds on order statistics from possibly dependent variates," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 21-31, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:72:y:2005:i:2:p:179-185. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.