A note on comparisons among coherent systems with dependent components using signatures
We extend some ordering properties for coherent systems with independent and identically distributed components given by Kochar et al. (Naval Res. Logist. 46 (1999) 507) to coherent systems with (possibly) dependent components by using the concept of Samaniego's signatures.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 72 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rychlik, Tomasz, 1994. "Distributions and expectations of order statistics for possibly dependent random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 31-42, January.
- Shaked, Moshe & Suarez-Llorens, Alfonso, 2003. "On the Comparison of Reliability Experiments Based on the Convolution Order," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 98, pages 693-702, January.
- Rychlik, Tomasz, 1995. "Bounds for order statistics based on dependent variables with given nonidentical distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 351-358, June.
- Papadatos, Nickos, 2001. "Distribution and expectation bounds on order statistics from possibly dependent variates," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 21-31, August.
- Hu, Taizhong & Hu, Jinjin, 1998. "Comparison of order statistics between dependent and independent random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-6, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:72:y:2005:i:2:p:179-185. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.