The economic production and pricing model with lot-size-dependent production cost
In this paper, the economic production quantity problem for a single-product single-machine system is extended. It is assumed that annual demand of the product is a function of price set by manufacturer. This extension considers sales revenue, inventory and setup costs as well as a variable cost of production which is a function of the lot size. Several linear and non-linear functions of demand and variable cost are considered in this paper and a global solution methodology is presented for the models developed. Newton’s method is used to find local optima and asymptotic convergence of the solution algorithm to a global optimum is proved. Numerical studies followed by a discussion provide additional insights into the problem. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC. 2012
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 54 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/business/operations+research/journal/10898|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kunreuther, Howard & Richard, Jean Francois, 1971.
"Optimal Pricing and Inventory Decisions for Non-Seasonal Items,"
Econometric Society, vol. 39(1), pages 173-75, January.
- Kunreuther, H. & Richard, J.-F., . "Optimal pricing and inventory decisions for non-seasonal items," CORE Discussion Papers RP -77, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Chao, Xiuli & Chen, Hong & Zheng, Shaohui, 2008. "Joint replenishment and pricing decisions in inventory systems with stochastically dependent supply capacity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(1), pages 142-155, November.
- T. M. Whitin, 1955. "Inventory Control and Price Theory," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 61-68, October.
- Inderfurth, Karl, 2004. "Optimal policies in hybrid manufacturing/remanufacturing systems with product substitution," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 325-343, August.
- Wee, Hui-Ming, 1995. "Joint pricing and replenishment policy for deteriorating inventory with declining market," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2-3), pages 163-171, August.
- Ardalan, Alireza, 1995. "A comparative analysis of approaches for determining optimal price and order quantity when a sale increases demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 416-430, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jglopt:v:54:y:2012:i:1:p:1-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.