Opportunities and challenges for mainstreaming ecosystem-based adaptation in local government: evidence from the Western Cape, South Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Burch, Sarah, 2010. "In pursuit of resilient, low carbon communities: An examination of barriers to action in three Canadian cities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 7575-7585, December.
- Ananda, Jayanath & Proctor, Wendy, 2013. "Collaborative approaches to water management and planning: An institutional perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 97-106.
- Ruckelshaus, M. & Doney, S.C. & Galindo, H.M. & Barry, J.P. & Chan, F. & Duffy, J.E. & English, C.A. & Gaines, S.D. & Grebmeier, J.M. & Hollowed, A.B. & Knowlton, N. & Polovina, J. & Rabalais, N.N. & , 2013. "Securing ocean benefits for society in the face of climate change," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 154-159.
- Fisher, Brendan & Turner, R. Kerry & Morling, Paul, 2009. "Defining and classifying ecosystem services for decision making," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 643-653, January.
- Thomas G Measham & Benjamin L Preston & Cassandra Brooke & Tim F Smith & Craig Morrison & Geoff Withycombe & Russell Gorddard, 2010. "Adapting to Climate Change Through Local Municipal Planning: Barriers and Opportunities," Socio-Economics and the Environment in Discussion (SEED) Working Paper Series 2010-05, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems.
- Robledo, Carmenza & Clot, Nicole & Hammill, Anne & Riché, Béatrice, 2012. "The role of forest ecosystems in community-based coping strategies to climate hazards: Three examples from rural areas in Africa," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 20-28.
- Turpie, J.K. & Marais, C. & Blignaut, J.N., 2008. "The working for water programme: Evolution of a payments for ecosystem services mechanism that addresses both poverty and ecosystem service delivery in South Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 788-798, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:climat:v:144:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10584-017-2008-y is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBiodiversity; Ecosystem-based adaptation; Local government; Mainstreaming; Municipalities; South Africa;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:endesu:v:17:y:2015:i:5:p:1121-1140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .