Adapting to Climate Change Through Local Municipal Planning: Barriers and Opportunities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- W. Adger & P. Kelly, 1999. "Social Vulnerability to Climate Change and the Architecture of Entitlements," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 253-266, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Krellenberg, Kerstin & Link, Felipe & Welz, Juliane & Barth, Katrin & Harris, Jordan & Irarrázaval, Felipe & Valenzuela, Felipe, 2015. "Approaching urban vulnerability to climate change induced risks in socio-environmentally fragmented areas: The case of Santiago de Chile," UFZ Reports 02/2015, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ).
- Marta Olazabal & Sonia De Gregorio Hurtado & Eduardo Olazabal & Filomena Pietrapertosa & Monica Salvia & Davide Geneletti & Valentina D?Alonzo & Efrén Feliú & Senatro Di Leo & Diana Reckien, 2014. "How are Italian and Spanish cities tackling climate change? A local comparative study," Working Papers 2014-03, BC3.
- Athena Yiannakou & Konstantina-Dimitra Salata, 2017. "Adaptation to Climate Change through Spatial Planning in Compact Urban Areas: A Case Study in the City of Thessaloniki," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(2), pages 1-18, February.
- Rakibul Alam & Khalid Md. Bahauddin, 2014. "Mainstreaming Climate Change. Adaptation into Regional Planning of Least Developed Countries: Strategy Implications for Regions in Bangladesh," Management of Sustainable Development, De Gruyter Open, vol. 6(1), pages 1-13, August.
- Gawel, Erik & Heuson, Clemens & Lehmann, Paul, 2012. "Efficient public adaptation to climate change: An investigation of drivers and barriers from a Public Choice perspective," UFZ Discussion Papers 14/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- repec:spr:waterr:v:31:y:2017:i:11:d:10.1007_s11269-017-1677-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- James Ford & Diana King, 2015. "A framework for examining adaptation readiness," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 505-526, April.
- Krellenberg, Kerstin & Turhan, Ethemcan, 2017.
"How to respond to climate change at the local level: A guideline for Turkish cities
[İklim değişikliğine yerel düzeyde nasıl yanıt verilmelidir? Türkiye Kentleri için Bir Kılavuz]," UFZ Reports 03/2017, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ).
- Paul Lehmann & Miriam Brenck & Oliver Gebhardt & Sven Schaller & Elisabeth Süßbauer, 2015. "Barriers and opportunities for urban adaptation planning: analytical framework and evidence from cities in Latin America and Germany," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 75-97, January.
- repec:spr:masfgc:v:22:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s11027-015-9697-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Macintosh, 2013. "Coastal climate hazards and urban planning: how planning responses can lead to maladaptation," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 18(7), pages 1035-1055, October.
- Lehmann, Paul & Brenck, Miriam & Gebhardt, Oliver & Schaller, Sven & Süßbauer, Elisabeth, 2012. "Understanding barriers and opportunities for adaptation planning in cities," UFZ Discussion Papers 19/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:8:p:1495-:d:109208 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:policy:v:50:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11077-017-9301-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barton Loechel & Jane Hodgkinson & Kieren Moffat, 2013. "Climate change adaptation in Australian mining communities: comparing mining company and local government views and activities," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 119(2), pages 465-477, July.
- Heuson, Clemens & Gawel, Erik & Gebhardt, Oliver & Hansjürgens, Bernd & Lehmann, Paul & Meyer, Volker & Schwarze, Reimund, 2012. "Fundamental questions on the economics of climate adaptation: Outlines of a new research programme," UFZ Reports 05/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ).
- Timothy F. Smith & Dana C. Thomsen & Steve Gould & Klaus Schmitt & Bianca Schlegel, 2013. "Cumulative Pressures on Sustainable Livelihoods: Coastal Adaptation in the Mekong Delta," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(1), pages 1-14, January.
- G. Biesbroek & Catrien Termeer & Judith Klostermann & Pavel Kabat, 2014. "Analytical lenses on barriers in the governance of climate change adaptation," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 19(7), pages 1011-1032, October.
- Heuson, Clemens & Gawel, Erik & Gebhardt, Oliver & Hansjürgens, Bernd & Lehmann, Paul & Meyer, Volker & Schwarze, Reimund, 2012. "Ökonomische Grundfragen der Klimaanpassung: Umrisse eines neuen Forschungsprogramms," UFZ Reports 02/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ).
- Kelli Archie, 2014. "Mountain communities and climate change adaptation: barriers to planning and hurdles to implementation in the Southern Rocky Mountain Region of North America," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 19(5), pages 569-587, June.
- Lorena Pasquini & Richard Cowling, 2015. "Opportunities and challenges for mainstreaming ecosystem-based adaptation in local government: evidence from the Western Cape, South Africa," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 17(5), pages 1121-1140, October.
- repec:spr:jenvss:v:7:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s13412-016-0408-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ashma Vaidya & Audrey L. Mayer, 2016. "Critical Review of the Millennium Project in Nepal," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(10), pages 1-23, October.
- Benjamin L. Preston & Kirstin Dow & Frans Berkhout, 2013. "The Climate Adaptation Frontier," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(3), pages 1-25, March.
More about this item
Keywordsinstitutional capacity; place-based planning; community engagement;
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-02-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2011-02-05 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2011-02-05 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cse:wpaper:2010-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CSE-Webrequest). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/secsiau.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .