Insights from longitudinal data on the earnings growth of U.S. foreign-born men
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Green, David A, 1999. "Immigrant Occupational Attainment: Assimilation and Mobility over Time," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(1), pages 49-79, January.
- Harriet Orcutt Duleep, 1986. "Measuring the Effect of Income on Adult Mortality Using Longitudinal Administrative Record Data," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(2), pages 238-251.
- Sherrie A. Kossoudji, 1989. "Immigrant Worker Assimilation: Is It a Labor Market Phenomenon?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(3), pages 494-527.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Garnett Picot & Patrizio Piraino, 2013.
"Immigrant earnings growth: selection bias or real progress?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1510-1536, November.
- Picot, Garnett & Piraino, Patrizio, 2010. "Immigrant Earnings Growth: Selection Bias or Real Progress?," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2010-35, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 28 Dec 2010.
- Picot, Garnett & Piraino, Patrizio, 2012. "Immigrant Earnings Growth: Selection Bias or Real Progress?," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2012340e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Skuterud, Mikal & Su, Mingcui, 2009. "Immigrant Wage Assimilation and the Return to Foreign and Host-Country Sources of Human Capital," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2009-38, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 26 Jun 2009.
- Neagu, Ileana Cristina, 2009. "Career placement of skilled migrants in the U.S. labor market : a dynamic approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4891, The World Bank.
- Dustmann, Christian & Görlach, Joseph-Simon, 2016.
"Estimating immigrant earnings profiles when migrations are temporary,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-8.
- Christian Dustmann & Joseph-Simon Görlach, 2016. "Estimating Immigrant Earnings Profiles when Migrations are Temporary," CESifo Working Paper Series 5919, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christian Dustmann & Joseph-Simon Görlach, 2016. "Estimating Immigrant Earnings Profiles when Migrations are Temporary," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1609, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Ran Abramitzky & Leah Boustan, 2017. "Immigration in American Economic History," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1311-1345, December.
- Mikal Skuterud & Mingcui Su, 2012. "The influence of measurement error and unobserved heterogeneity in estimating immigrant returns to foreign and host-country sources of human capital," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 1109-1141, December.
- Deborah Cobb-Clark & Barbara Hanel & Duncan McVicar, 2012.
"Immigrant Wage and Employment Assimilation: A Comparison of Methods,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2012n28, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Hanel, Barbara & McVicar, Duncan, 2012. "Immigrant Wage and Employment Assimilation: A Comparison of Methods," IZA Discussion Papers 7062, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- George J. Borjas, 2013. "The Slowdown in the Economic Assimilation of Immigrants: Aging and Cohort Effects Revisited Again," NBER Working Papers 19116, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Damas de Matos, Ana, 2012. "The careers of immigrants," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51515, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Alcobendas, Miguel Angel & Rodríguez-Planas, Núria, 2009.
"Immigrants' Assimilation Process in a Segmented Labor Market,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4394, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Miguel Angel Alcobendas & Núria Rodríquez-Planas, 2010. "Immigrants' Assimilation Process In A Segmented Labor Market," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 822.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Neeraj Kaushal & Yao Lu & Nicole Denier & Julia Shu-Huah Wang & Stephen J. Trejo, 2016.
"Immigrant employment and earnings growth in Canada and the USA: evidence from longitudinal data,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 29(4), pages 1249-1277, October.
- Kaushal, Neeraj & Lu, Yao & Denier, Nicole & Wang, Julia Shu-Huah & Trejo, Stephen, 2015. "Immigrant Employment and Earnings Growth in Canada and the U.S.: Evidence from Longitudinal Data," IZA Discussion Papers 9495, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Neeraj Kaushal & Yao Lu & Nicole Denier & Julia Shu-Huah Wang & Stephen J. Trejo, 2015. "Immigrant Employment and Earnings Growth in Canada and the U.S.: Evidence from Longitudinal Data," NBER Working Papers 21591, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keller, Nicolas & Gathmann, Christina & Monscheuer, Ole, 2015. "Citizenship and the Social Integration of Immigrants: Evidence from Germany's Immigration Reforms," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113184, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Duleep, Harriet & Liu, Xingfei & Regets, Mark, 2018. "Country of Origin, Earnings Convergence, and Human Capital Investment: A New Method for the Analysis of U.S. Immigrant Economic Assimilation," GLO Discussion Paper Series 247, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Neagu, Ileana Cristina & Özden, Çağlar, 2012.
"Performance of skilled migrants in the U.S.: A dynamic approach,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 829-843.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Neagu, Ileana Cristina & Ozden, Caglar, 2012. "Performance of skilled migrants in the U.S. : a dynamic approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6140, The World Bank.
- Christina Gathmann & Nicolas Keller, 2014.
"Returns to Citizenship?: Evidence from Germany's Recent Immigration Reforms,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
656, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Christina Gathmann & Nicolas Keller, 2014. "Returns to Citizenship? Evidence from Germany's Recent Immigration Reforms," CESifo Working Paper Series 4738, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gathmann, Christina & Keller, Nicolas, 2014. "Returns to Citizenship? Evidence from Germany's Recent Immigration Reforms," IZA Discussion Papers 8064, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nguyen, Ha Trong & Duncan, Alan S, 2017.
"Exchange rate fluctuations and immigrants' labour market outcomes: New evidence from Australian household panel data,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 174-186.
- Ha Trong Nguyen & Alan Duncan, 2015. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Immigrants' Labour Market Outcomes: New Evidence from Australian Household Panel Data," Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre Working Paper series WP1503, Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School.
- Sherrilyn Billger & Carlos Lamarche, 2015. "A panel data quantile regression analysis of the immigrant earnings distribution in the United Kingdom and United States," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 705-750, September.
- Ilana Redstone Akresh, 2008. "Occupational Trajectories of Legal US Immigrants: Downgrading and Recovery," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 34(3), pages 435-456.
- Jens Ruhose, 2015. "Microeconometric Analyses on Economic Consequences of Selective Migration," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 61, January.
- Carl Sanders & Rebecca Lessem, 2013. "The Native-Immigrant Wage Gap in the United States," 2013 Meeting Papers 1206, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Mari Kangasniemi & Merja Kauhanen, 2013. "Who leaves and who stays? Outmigration of Estonian immigrants from Finland and its impact on economic assimilation of Estonian immigrants in Finland," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2013001, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:39:y:2002:i:3:p:485-506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.