Family reunification and the immigration multiplier: U.S. immigration law, origin-country conditions, and the reproduction of immigrants
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 23 (1986)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.populationassociation.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524|
- Michel BEINE & Frédéric DOCQUIER & Caglar,OZDEN, 2015.
"Dissecting Network Externalities in International Migration,"
JODE - Journal of Demographic Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 81(4), pages 379-408, December.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Caglar Özden, 2011. "Dissecting Network Externalities in International Migration," CREA Discussion Paper Series 11-09, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Caglar Özden, 2011. "Dissecting Network Externalities in International Migration," CESifo Working Paper Series 3333, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michel BEINE & Frédéric DOCQUIER & Caglar ÖZDEN, 2011. "Dissecting Network Externalities in International Migration," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2011022, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Docquier, Frédéric & Marfouk, Abdeslam & Salomone, Sara & Sekkat, Khalid, 2012. "Are Skilled Women More Migratory than Skilled Men?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 251-265.
- Frederic DOCQUIER & Abdeslam MARFOUK & Sara SALOMONE & Khalid SEKKAT, 2009. "Are skilled women more migratory than skilled men?," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2009021, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Stacie Carr & Marta Tienda, 2013. "Family Sponsorship and Late-Age Immigration in Aging America: Revised and Expanded Estimates of Chained Migration," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 32(6), pages 825-849, December.
- Gross, Dominique M., 2006. "Immigration to Switzerland - the case of the Former Republic of Yugoslavia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3880, The World Bank.
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Özden, Çaglar & Spatareanu, Mariana & Neagu, Cristina, 2011. "Migrant networks and foreign direct investment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 231-241, March.
- Beata S. Javorcik & Çaglar Özden & Mariana Spatareanu & Cristina Neagu, 2006. "Migrant Networks and Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark 2006-003, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Ozden, Caglar & Spatareanu, Mariana & Neagu, Cristina, 2006. "Migrant networks and foreign direct investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4046, The World Bank.
- George J. Borjas, 1986. "The Self-Employment Experience of Immigrants," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(4), pages 485-506.
- George J. Borjas, 1986. "The Self-Employment Experience of Immigrants," NBER Working Papers 1942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helmenstein, Christian & Yegorov, Yury, 2000. "The dynamics of migration in the presence of chains," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 307-323, February.
- Christian Helmenstein & Yury Yegorov, 1994. "The dynamics of migration in the presence of chains," Economics Working Papers 86, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- repec:pri:cheawb:paper_carr%20and%20tienda_family%20sponsorship%20and%20late-age is not listed on IDEAS
- Frank Bean & B. Lowell & Lowell Taylor, 1988. "Undocumented Mexican immigrants and the earnings of other workers in the United States," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 25(1), pages 35-52, February.
- Vincenzo Atella & Partha Deb, 2013. "Heterogeneity in Long Term Health Outcomes of Migrants within Italy," NBER Working Papers 19422, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jasso, Guillermina & Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1987. "English Language Skill Acquisition, Locational Choice and Labor Market Returns Among the Major Foreign-Born Language Groups in the United States in 1900 and 1980," Bulletins 7508, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Aleksynska, Mariya, 2011. "Civic participation of immigrants in Europe: Assimilation, origin, and destination country effects," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 566-585, September.
- Pia M. Orrenius, 1999. "The role of family networks, coyote prices and the rural economy in migration from Western Mexico: 1965-1994," Working Papers 9910, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Mao-Mei Liu, 2013. "Migrant Networks and International Migration: Testing Weak Ties," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(4), pages 1243-1277, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:23:y:1986:i:3:p:291-311. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed