One-dimensional maps with two discontinuity points and three linear branches: mathematical lessons for understanding the dynamics of financial markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Day, Richard H. & Huang, Weihong, 1990. "Bulls, bears and market sheep," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 299-329, December.
- Carl Chiarella & Roberto Dieci & Xue-Zhong He, 2008. "Heterogeneity, Market Mechanisms, and Asset Price Dynamics," Research Paper Series 231, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Tramontana, Fabio & Westerhoff, Frank & Gardini, Laura, 2010.
"On the complicated price dynamics of a simple one-dimensional discontinuous financial market model with heterogeneous interacting traders,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 187-205, June.
- Fabio Tramontana & Frank Westerhoff & Laura Gardini, 2010. "On the complicated price dynamics of a simple one-dimensional discontinuous financial market model with heterogeneous interacting traders," Working Papers 1005, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2010.
- Tramontana, Fabio & Westerhoff, Frank & Gardini, Laura, 2013.
"The bull and bear market model of Huang and Day: Some extensions and new results,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 2351-2370.
- Tramontana, Fabio & Westerhoff, Frank & Gardini, Laura, 2012. "The bull and bear market model of Huang and Day : Some extensions and new results," BERG Working Paper Series 89, Bamberg University, Bamberg Economic Research Group.
- J. Barkley Rosser Jr. (ed.), 2009. "Handbook of Research on Complexity," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3625, September.
- Huang, Weihong & Zheng, Huanhuan & Chia, Wai-Mun, 2010. "Financial crises and interacting heterogeneous agents," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1105-1122, June.
- Tramontana, Fabio & Westerhoff, Frank & Gardini, Laura, 2015.
"A simple financial market model with chartists and fundamentalists: Market entry levels and discontinuities,"
Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 16-40.
- Fabio Tramontana & Frank Westerhoff & Laura Gardini, 2011. "A simple financial market model with chartists and fundamentalists: market entry levels and discontinuities," Quaderni di Dipartimento 150, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Westerhoff Frank H., 2008. "The Use of Agent-Based Financial Market Models to Test the Effectiveness of Regulatory Policies," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 228(2-3), pages 195-227, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sushko, Iryna & Tramontana, Fabio & Westerhoff, Frank & Avrutin, Viktor, 2015. "Symmetry breaking in a bull and bear financial market model," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 57-72.
- Tramontana, Fabio & Sushko, Iryna & Avrutin, Viktor, 2015. "Period adding structure in a 2D discontinuous model of economic growth," Applied Mathematics and Computation, Elsevier, vol. 253(C), pages 262-273.
- Francesca Grassetti & Cristiana Mammana & Elisabetta Michetti, 2018. "Poverty trap, boom and bust periods and growth. A nonlinear model for non-developed and developing countries," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 41(2), pages 145-162, November.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial crises; Bull and bear dynamics; Discontinuous piecewise linear maps; Border collision bifurcations; Adding scheme;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:decfin:v:37:y:2014:i:1:p:27-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.