Simplified estimation of multivariate duration models with unobserved heterogeneity
A simple structure is suggested for modelling unobserved heterogeneity in multivariate duration models which avoids the "curse of dimensionality" and numerical integration of the likelihood function. This structure can be applied to many retirement and aging decisions including: time to retirement between spouses, financial planning, and health related retirement decisions.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 22 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/statistics/journal/180/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Butler, J S & Anderson, Kathryn H & Burkhauser, Richard V, 1989. "Work and Health after Retirement: A Competing Risks Model with Semiparametric Unobserved Heterogeneity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 46-53, February.
- Söderberg, Hans & Lyhagen, Johan, 1999. "Testing for Independence in Multivariate Duration Models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 302, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1990.
"Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment Spells,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 757-82, July.
- Heckman, James J. & Singer, Burton, 1984. "Econometric duration analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 63-132.
- Colby, Gordana & Rilstone, Paul, 2004. "Nonparametric Identification Of Latent Competing Risks Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(05), pages 883-890, October.
- Heckman, James J & Honore, Bo E, 1990. "The Empirical Content of the Roy Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(5), pages 1121-49, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:compst:v:22:y:2007:i:1:p:17-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.