Privatization and merger in a mixed oligopoly with spatial price discrimination
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John S. Heywood & Kristen Monaco & R. Rothschild, 2001. "Spatial Price Discrimination and Merger: The N-Firm Case," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 672-684, January.
- Heywood, John S. & McGinty, Matthew, 2011. "Cross-border mergers in a mixed oligopoly," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 382-389.
- Stephen W. Salant & Sheldon Switzer & Robert J. Reynolds, 1983. "Losses From Horizontal Merger: The Effects of an Exogenous Change in Industry Structure on Cournot-Nash Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(2), pages 185-199.
- Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Vives, Xavier, 1988.
"On the Strategic Choice of Spatial Price Policy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 122-137, March.
- Thisse, J.-F. & Vives, X., 1987. "On the strategic choice of spatial price policy," CORE Discussion Papers 1987008, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- THISSE, Jacques-François & VIVES, Xavier, 1988. "On the strategic choice of spatial price policy," CORE Discussion Papers RP 793, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Greenhut, Melvin L, 1981. "Spatial Pricing in the United States, West Germany and Japan," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 48(189), pages 79-86, February.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Daisuke Shimizu, 2010. "Privatization Waves," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 78(6), pages 609-625, December.
- Gupta, Barnali, 1992. "Sequential entry and deterrence with competitive spatial price discrimination," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 487-490, April.
- Rothschild, R. & Heywood, John S. & Monaco, Kristen, 2000. "Spatial price discrimination and the merger paradox," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 491-506, September.
- John S. Heywood & Guangliang Ye, 2009. "Mixed Oligopoly, Sequential Entry, And Spatial Price Discrimination," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 47(3), pages 589-597, July.
- James D. Reitzes & David T. Levy, 1995. "Price Discrimination and Mergers," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 427-436, May.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2003. "Mixed oligopoly and spatial agglomeration," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 62-87, February.
More about this item
KeywordsL13; L32; L33;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L32 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Enterprises; Public-Private Enterprises
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:54:y:2015:i:2:p:561-576. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.