A note on consistency improvements of AHP paired comparison data
The Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) is a popular multicriteria decision-making approach but the ease of AHP paired comparison data collection entails the problem that consistency restrictions have to be fulfilled for the data evaluation task. Quite a lot of consistency improvement techniques are available, however, this note explains why consistency adjustments are not necessarily helpful for computing acceptable weights for the determination of the underlying overall objective function. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
Volume (Year): 6 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/statistics/statistical+theory+and+methods/journal/11634|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saaty, Thomas L., 2003. "Decision-making with the AHP: Why is the principal eigenvector necessary," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 85-91, February.
- Liang, Liang & Wang, Guohua & Hua, Zhongsheng & Zhang, Bin, 2008. "Mapping verbal responses to numerical scales in the analytic hierarchy process," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 46-55, March.
- Ho, William & Xu, Xiaowei & Dey, Prasanta K., 2010. "Multi-criteria decision making approaches for supplier evaluation and selection: A literature review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 16-24, April.
- Ho, William, 2008. "Integrated analytic hierarchy process and its applications - A literature review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(1), pages 211-228, April.
- Dong, Yucheng & Xu, Yinfeng & Li, Hongyi & Dai, Min, 2008. "A comparative study of the numerical scales and the prioritization methods in AHP," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(1), pages 229-242, April.
- Oded Netzer & Olivier Toubia & Eric Bradlow & Ely Dahan & Theodoros Evgeniou & Fred Feinberg & Eleanor Feit & Sam Hui & Joseph Johnson & John Liechty & James Orlin & Vithala Rao, 2008. "Beyond conjoint analysis: Advances in preference measurement," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 337-354, December.
- Zeshui, Xu & Cuiping, Wei, 1999. "A consistency improving method in the analytic hierarchy process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 443-449, July.
- Vaidya, Omkarprasad S. & Kumar, Sushil, 2006. "Analytic hierarchy process: An overview of applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 169(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Carmone, Frank J. & Kara, Ali & Zanakis, Stelios H., 1997. "A Monte Carlo investigation of incomplete pairwise comparison matrices in AHP," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 538-553, November.
- Finan, J. S. & Hurley, W. J., 1999. "Transitive calibration of the AHP verbal scale," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 367-372, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:advdac:v:6:y:2012:i:4:p:289-302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.