Commercialization of University Research and Innovations in Iran: Obstacles and Solutions
Commercialization of the university researches and innovations becomes more and more important in this era of volatile changes. Every day we could feel the challenges associated with this process in any knowledge based institute, such as universities, research centers, R&D centers, etc. Commercialization challenges are an integral part of these entities, and their managers are looking for some ways to handle them. In the present study, we used the Delphi method to find the main challenges and main solutions for commercialization of the university researches and innovations in Iran. After reviewing the literature, the challenges are considered and then the solutions are proposed. Finally, the paper concludes with a discussion of the research findings.
Volume (Year): 1 (2011)
Issue (Month): 7 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scientificpapers.org|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sean Hackett & David Dilts, 2008. "Inside the black box of business incubation: Study B—scale assessment, model refinement, and incubation outcomes," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(5), pages 439-471, October.
- Markman, Gideon D. & Phan, Phillip H. & Balkin, David B. & Gianiodis, Peter T., 2005. "Entrepreneurship and university-based technology transfer," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 241-263, March.
- Di Gregorio, Dante & Shane, Scott, 2003. "Why do some universities generate more start-ups than others?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 209-227, February.
- Wright, Mike & Lockett, Andy & Clarysse, Bart & Binks, Martin, 2006. "University spin-out companies and venture capital," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 481-501, May.
- Chang, Yuan-Chieh & Yang, Phil Y. & Chen, Ming-Huei, 2009. "The determinants of academic research commercial performance: Towards an organizational ambidexterity perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 936-946, July.
- Norman Dalkey & Olaf Helmer, 1963. "An Experimental Application of the DELPHI Method to the Use of Experts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(3), pages 458-467, April.
- Rowe, Gene & Wright, George, 1999. "The Delphi technique as a forecasting tool: issues and analysis," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 353-375, October.
- Andrew Toole & Dirk Czarnitzki, 2007.
"Biomedical Academic Entrepreneurship through the SBIR Program,"
in: Academic Science and Entrepreneurship: Dual Engines of Growth
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Toole, Andrew A. & Czarnitzki, Dirk, 2007. "Biomedical academic entrepreneurship through the SBIR program," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 716-738, August.
- Andrew A. Toole & Dirk Czarnitzki, 2005. "Biomedical Academic Entrepreneurship Through the SBIR Program," NBER Working Papers 11450, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Toole, Andrew A. & Czarnitzki, Dirk, 2005. "Biomedical Academic Entrepreneurship Through the SBIR Program," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-47, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Albert N. Link & John T. Scott, 2007. "The economics of university research parks," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(4), pages 661-674, Winter.
- David Audretsch, 2009.
"The entrepreneurial society,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 245-254, June.
- Debackere, Koenraad & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2005. "The role of academic technology transfer organizations in improving industry science links," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 321-342, April.
- Klofsten, Magnus & Jones-Evans, Dylan, 2000. "Comparing Academic Entrepreneurship in Europe--The Case of Sweden and Ireland," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 299-309, June.
- Etzkowitz, Henry, 2003. "Research groups as 'quasi-firms': the invention of the entrepreneurial university," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 109-121, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spp:jkmeit:1208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Ghencea)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.