The Macroeconomic Performance of Monetary Policies. A Stochastic Simulation Based on the Taylor’s Rule
In this paper we try to check if and how the macroeconomic performances induced by a Taylor’s rule based kind of monetary policy are (or not) more efficient than those effectively induced by the most important central bank’s monetary policies. In this kind of respect, we use a simple three equations model: a Phillips equation, an aggregate demand equation and a fixing rule for the main interest rate. Based on historical simulation as well as on stochastic simulation, it turns out that macroeconomic performances, in terms of inflation and productivity gap, would be more stable and efficient if the Taylor’s rule would be used by a certain central bank in fixing its main interest rate.
Volume (Year): 1 (2011)
Issue (Month): 6 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scientificpapers.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Taylor, John B., 1999.
"The robustness and efficiency of monetary policy rules as guidelines for interest rate setting by the European central bank,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 655-679, June.
- Taylor, John B., 1998. "The Robustness and Efficiency of Monetary Policy Rules as Guidelines for Interest Rate Setting by the European Central Bank," Seminar Papers 649, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Smant, David / D.J.C., 2010. "Real time data, regime shifts, and a simple but effective estimated Fed policy rule, 1969-2009," MPRA Paper 26124, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Svensson, Lars E. O., 1998.
"Inflation targeting as a monetary policy rule,"
CFS Working Paper Series
1998/16, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Svensson, Lars E.O., 1998. "Inflation Targeting as a Monetary Policy Rule," Seminar Papers 646, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Svensson, L.E.O., 1998. "Inflation Targeting as a Monetary Policy Rule," Papers 646, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Lars E.O. Svensson, 1998. "Inflation Targeting as a Monetary Policy Rule," NBER Working Papers 6790, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1998. "Inflation Targeting as a Monetary Policy Rule," CEPR Discussion Papers 1998, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stanley Fischer, 1993.
"The Role of Macroeconomic Factors in Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
4565, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Taylor, J.B., 1998. "The Robustness and Efficiency of Monetary Policy Rules as Guidelines for Interest Rate Setting by European Central Bank," Papers 649, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spp:jkmeit:1190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Ghencea)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.