The Nexus Between Health Literacy and Empowerment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kristine Crondahl & Leena Eklund Karlsson, 2015. "Roma Empowerment and Social Inclusion Through Work-Integrated Learning," SAGE Open, , vol. 5(1), pages 21582440155, February.
- Nutbeam, Don, 2008. "The evolving concept of health literacy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2072-2078, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gary Holden & Kathleen Barker & Sofie Kuppens & Gary Rosenberg, 2017. "A Social Work Education Outcome Measure: The Evaluation Self-Efficacy Scaleâ€“II," SAGE Open, , vol. 7(3), pages 21582440177, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Apiradee Nantsupawat & Orn‐Anong Wichaikhum & Kulwadee Abhicharttibutra & Wipada Kunaviktikul & Mohd Said Bin Nurumal & Lusine Poghosyan, 2020. "Nurses' knowledge of health literacy, communication techniques, and barriers to the implementation of health literacy programs: A cross‐sectional study," Nursing & Health Sciences, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 22(3), pages 577-585, September.
- Setti Rais Ali & Paul Dourgnon & Lise Rochaix, 2018.
"Social Capital or Education: What Matters Most to Cut Time to Diagnosis?,"
- Setti Rais Ali & Paul Dourgnon & Lise Rochaix, 2018. "Social Capital or Education: What Matters Most to Cut Time to Diagnosis?," PSE Working Papers halshs-01703170, HAL.
- Samuel G Smith & Laura M Curtis & Jane Wardle & Christian von Wagner & Michael S Wolf, 2013. "Skill Set or Mind Set? Associations between Health Literacy, Patient Activation and Health," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 8(9), pages 1-7, September.
- Yoon K Loke & Ina Hinz & Xia Wang & Gill Rowlands & David Scott & Charlotte Salter, 2012. "Impact of Health Literacy in Patients with Chronic Musculoskeletal Disease–Systematic Review," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(7), pages 1-8, July.
- Musharraf Cyan & Michael Price & Mark Rider, 2017. "A Health Literacy RCT toward Improvement of Programmatic Outcomes of Tuberculosis Control in the Tribal Areas of Pakistan Governance Support Program Post-Crisis," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1711, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Don Nutbeam, 2009. "Defining and measuring health literacy: what can we learn from literacy studies?," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 54(5), pages 303-305, October.
- Wyke, Sally & Adamson, Joy & Dixon, Diane & Hunt, Kate, 2013. "Consultation and illness behaviour in response to symptoms: A comparison of models from different disciplinary frameworks and suggestions for future research directions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 79-87.
- Seung Pil Lee, 2020. "Sustainable Reciprocity Mechanism of Social Initiatives in Sport: The Mediating Effect of Gratitude," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-18, November.
- Astrid Austvoll-Dahlgren & Arild Bjørndal & Jan Odgaard-Jensen & Sølvi Helseth, 2012. "Evaluation of a Web Portal for Improving Public Access to Evidence-Based Health Information and Health Literacy Skills: A Pragmatic Trial," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(5), pages 1-11, May.
- Duygu Kavuncuoglu, 2019. "Material Health Literacy," Global Journal of Reproductive Medicine, Juniper Publishers Inc., vol. 7(1), pages 9-112:7, September.
- Weishaar, Heide & Hurrelmann, Klaus & Okan, Orkan & Horn, Annett & Schaeffer, Doris, 2019. "Framing health literacy: A comparative analysis of national action plans," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 11-20.
- Gerald Tompkins & Lynne F Forrest & Jean Adams, 2015. "Socio-Economic Differences in the Association between Self-Reported and Clinically Present Diabetes and Hypertension: Secondary Analysis of a Population-Based Cross-Sectional Study," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(10), pages 1-13, October.
- Chinn, Deborah, 2011. "Critical health literacy: A review and critical analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 60-67, July.
- Hendrik Jürges & Eberhard Kruk & Steffen Reinhold, 2013.
"The effect of compulsory schooling on health—evidence from biomarkers,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 645-672, April.
- JÃ¼rges, Hendrik, 2009. "The effect of compulsory schooling on health - evidence from biomarkers," MEA discussion paper series 09183, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Hendrik Jürges & Eberhard Kruk & Steffen Reinhold, 2010. "The Effect of Compulsory Schooling on Health - Evidence from Biomarkers," CESifo Working Paper Series 3105, CESifo.
- Sabine Ackermann Rau & Sibel Sakarya & Thomas Abel, 2014. "When to see a doctor for common health problems: distribution patterns of functional health literacy across migrant populations in Switzerland," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 59(6), pages 967-974, December.
- Josefin Wångdahl & Per Lytsy & Lena Mårtensson & Ragnar Westerling, 2018. "Poor health and refraining from seeking healthcare are associated with comprehensive health literacy among refugees: a Swedish cross-sectional study," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 63(3), pages 409-419, April.
- Samerski, Silja, 2019. "Health literacy as a social practice: Social and empirical dimensions of knowledge on health and healthcare," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 226(C), pages 1-8.
- Satu Uusiautti & Kaarina MÃƒÂ¤ÃƒÂ¤ttÃƒÂ¤, 2013. "The Value and Implementation of Health Education in Finland," International Journal of Sciences, Office ijSciences, vol. 2(12), pages 46-51, December.
- Su Hyun Kim & Sonja Utz, 2018. "Association of health literacy with health information‐seeking preference in older people: A correlational, descriptive study," Nursing & Health Sciences, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 20(3), pages 355-360, September.
- René Rüegg & Thomas Abel, 2019. "The relationship between health literacy and health outcomes among male young adults: exploring confounding effects using decomposition analysis," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 64(4), pages 535-545, May.
More about this item
Keywordsempowerment; health literacy; health; narrative review; scoping review;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:sagope:v:6:y:2016:i:2:p:2158244016646410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: SAGE Publications (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.