Knowledge Management in Romanian Young SMEs (Part 1)
XXI century economy is based on knowledge-intensive, they represent the "core" of assessing the competence of organizations. An effective management consists in making the right decisions in a timely manner, this being possible by the acquisition of knowledge by individuals of the organization, one of the prerequisites for knowledge management. The organization requires capturing and representing knowledge, exchange and reuse them for different processes and applications, virtually creating an appropriate environment that stimulate the transfer and use of knowledge. This paper aims to make known the results of an empirical research on knowledge management in Romanian young SMEs, defined as companies established no more than 5 years ago. The study is based on a quantitative research conducted on 161 enterprises. Data collection was conducted by the author, both by face to face interviews and online questionnaire. Analysing KM in a specific type of SMEs is important because it was not performed before, filling a gap in practical research on a crucial sector of Romanian economy.
Volume (Year): 16 (2015)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.management.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gassmann, Oliver & Keupp, Marcus Matthias, 2007. "The competitive advantage of early and rapidly internationalising SMEs in the biotechnology industry: A knowledge-based view," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 350-366, September.
- NICOLESCU Ciprian & CEPTUREANU Eduard, 2009. "Romanian entrepreneurial environment, key aspect in investment decision," Economia. Seria Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 12(1 Special), pages 234-239, July.
- Sebastian CEPTUREANU & Eduard CEPTUREANU, 2010. "Knowledge Creation / Conversion Process," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 11(1), pages 150-157, March.
- Bradley C. Wheeler, 2002. "NEBIC: A Dynamic Capabilities Theory for Assessing Net-Enablement," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 13(2), pages 125-146, June.
- Eduard Gabriel CEPTUREANU, 2015. "Reactions to Change in Romanian SMEs," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 16(1), pages 77-87, March.
- Sebastian Ion CEPTUREANU & Eduard Gabriel CEPTUREANU & Filip ZGUBEA & Alina TUDORACHE, 2012. "Economic Survey on Knowledge Based Management in Romanian Companies," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 13(2), pages 325-336, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rom:rmcimn:v:16:y:2015:i:1:p:5-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marian Nastase)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.