Corporate Support for Sport and Organisational Performance. Case Study for Companies in Romania
This exploratory study, highly innovative at (inter-)national level, analyses the theoretical and empirical fundamentals of the relationship between corporate sport support and business performances, with an application for the 50 best financially performing companies in Romania in view of their turnover. The empirical research, conducted with the help of an original methodology, evaluated three basic issues related with corporate sport support (sport in general, sport for employees, sport for other stakeholders) for the companies investigated according to five main domains of economic activity. The initially achieved results, strongly influenced by the industrial profile of the firms, emphasize the increased focus put on supporting sport initiatives by the analysed companies in the recent period, considering the real contribution that sport could bring to the broad organisational development, through human resource management and suitable policy of corporate social responsibility.
Volume (Year): 16 (2015)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.management.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wladimir Andreff & Stefan Szymanski (ed.), 2006. "Handbook on the Economics of Sport," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3274.
- Laura Brad & Florin Dobre & Radu Ciobanu, 2014. "A regional approach of financial performance- evidence from Romania," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 0702573, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Wladimir Andreff & Stefan Szymanski, 2006.
"Handbook on the Economics of Sport,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Wladimir Andreff & Stefan Szymanski, 2006. "Handbook on the Economics of Sport," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00275933, HAL.
- Cousens, Laura & Babiak, Kathy & Bradish, Cheri L., 2006. "Beyond Sponsorship: Re-Framing Corporate-Sport Relationships," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-23, May.
- Eduard Mădălin Dinu & Costin Ciora, 2012. "Best Practices in Incentive Compensation from the Perspective of Value-based Management," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(31), pages 273-285, February.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00270122 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tartavulea Ramona Iulia & Belu Mihaela Gabriela & Paraschiv Dorel Mihai, 2012. "Using Business Simulation as a Complementary Educational Method in Universities," Ovidius University Annals, Economic Sciences Series, Ovidius University of Constantza, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 0(1), pages 138-142, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rom:rmcimn:v:16:y:2015:i:1:p:101-111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marian Nastase)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.