What Future for Social Reporting and Accountability in Academic Systems. An Overview of the Italian Case
The present work aims to give an overview of accountability systems in Italian universities and of their prospects following recent reform laws. After a sketch of pre-reform conditions and of the rationale behind change, particularly focused on the improvement of non-financial communication towards stakeholders, the work deals with social reporting in academic research and education, its potential developments and the first results reached. Further work is still needed to fully grasp measurement complexities and the potential lying in the evaluation of academic performance – especially with relation to sociality and sustainability – that plays an important role in national and international ranking systems.
Volume (Year): 14 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.management.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Lederman & Norman V. Loayza & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2005.
"Accountability And Corruption: Political Institutions Matter,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17, pages 1-35, 03.
- Lederman, Daniel & Loayza, Norman & Reis Soares, Rodrigo, 2001. "Accountability and corruption : political institutions matter," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2708, The World Bank.
- Roberts, John, 2009. "No one is perfect: The limits of transparency and an ethic for 'intelligent' accountability," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 957-970, November.
- Sinclair, Amanda, 1995. "The chameleon of accountability: Forms and discourses," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(2-3), pages 219-237.
- Cassone, Alberto & Zaccarella, Pietro, 2009. "Il bilancio sociale delle universita'. Inventario dei problemi e analisi comparata delle esperienze italiane," POLIS Working Papers 117, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2008. "Towards Evidence-based Reform of European Universities," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 54(2), pages 99-120, June.
- Gray, Rob, 2002. "The social accounting project and Accounting Organizations and Society Privileging engagement, imaginings, new accountings and pragmatism over critique?," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 687-708, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rom:rmcimn:v:14:y:2013:i:2:p:202-221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marian Nastase)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.