A Theoretical Bayesian Game Model for the Vendor-Retailer Relation
We consider an equilibrated supply chain with two equal partners, a vendor and a retailer (also called newsboy type products supply chain). The actions of each partner are driven by profit. Given the fact that at supply chain level are specific external influences which affect the costs and concordant the profit, we use a game theoretic model for the situation, considering costs and demand. At theoretical level, symmetric and asymmetric information patterns are considered for this situation. There are at every supply chain’s level situations when external factors (such as inflation, raw-material rate) influence the situation of each partner even if the information is well shared within the chain. The model we propose considers both the external factors and asymmetric information within a supply chain.
Volume (Year): 15 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.management.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1991. "Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061414, December.
- Corbett, Charles J. & DeCroix, Gregory A. & Ha, Albert Y., 2005. "Optimal shared-savings contracts in supply chains: Linear contracts and double moral hazard," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 163(3), pages 653-667, June.
- Chu, Wai Hung Julius & Lee, Ching Chyi, 2006. "Strategic information sharing in a supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(3), pages 1567-1579, November.
- Esmaeili, M. & Aryanezhad, Mir-Bahador & Zeephongsekul, P., 2009. "A game theory approach in seller-buyer supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(2), pages 442-448, June.
- Xiao, Tiaojun & Qi, Xiangtong, 2008. "Price competition, cost and demand disruptions and coordination of a supply chain with one manufacturer and two competing retailers," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 741-753, October.
- Nagarajan, Mahesh & Sosic, Greys, 2008. "Game-theoretic analysis of cooperation among supply chain agents: Review and extensions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(3), pages 719-745, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rom:econmn:v:15:y:2012:i:1:p:99-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ciocoiu Nadia Carmen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.