Investment break in the Russian economy: structural characteristics and turnaround perspectives
Investment break of 2013–2015 is the first prolonged period of continuous absence of capital investment growth over the last 17 years. After stagnation in 2013–2014, fixed capital investments in real terms have systemically lagged industrial output growth and GDP. Investment break not only lowers demand in the Russian economy and prevents growth of construction, machinery, industrial production and economy as a whole, but also freezes existing structural imbalances and technological gap of the Russian economy. Investment break duration and its significant disincentivizing effect on current and expected growth of the Russian economy explain the importance of analysis of structural characteristics of investment process and of sources of revival of capital investment.
Volume (Year): 3 (2016)
Issue (Month): (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 82, Vernadsky pr., 117571, Moscow|
Phone: +7 (499) 956 95 86
Fax: (095) 564-85-80
Web page: http://www.rane.ru/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Ulyukaev & V. Mau., 2015. "From Economic Crisis to Economic Growth, or How to Prevent the Crisis from Turning into Stagnation," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 4.
- A. Aganbegyan., 2015. "How National Budget Can Provide Economic Growth," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 7.
- V. Mau., 2016. "Anti-crisis measures or structural reforms: Russia’s economic policy in 2015," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 2.
- O. Berezinskaya & A. Vedev., 2015. "Dependency of the Russian Industry on Imports and the Strategy of Import Substitution Industrialization," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 1.
- O. Berezinskaya., 2016. "Lending to the non-financial sector: Opportunities and limitations," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 3.
- O. Berezinskaya & A. Vedev., 2014. "Investments in the Russian Economy: Their Potential and Activation Directions," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 4.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rnp:ecopol:ep1632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RANEPA maintainer)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.