Regional Size, Wealth and EU Regional Policy
Convergence objective seeks to promote growth within European Union (EU) for least-developed regions. The list of regions and areas eligible for Convergence are chosen from the NUTS-2 European regional classification. However, as it is well-known, spatial (and temporal) measures are scale dependent. The aim of this article is to show how sensitive Convergence selection criterion is to the level of geographic aggregation used, assessing the impact that the use of a different NUTS breakdown would have had on the distribution of the regional budget among countries.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 23 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C/ Viladomat, 321 entresuelo - 08029 Barcelona, Teléfono y Fax: + 34 933101112, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: www.aecr.org, Web Investigaciones Regionales: www.investigacionesregionales.org|
Phone: +34 93 310 11 12
Fax: +34 93 310 11 12
Web page: http://www.aecr.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul E. Polzin, 2001. "Why Some States Grow Faster than Others: New Growth Models for State Economic Policy," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 413-425.
- Thomas Farole & Andrés Rodríguez‐Pose & Michael Storper, 2011.
"Cohesion Policy in the European Union: Growth, Geography, Institutions,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(5), pages 1089-1111, September.
- Thomas Farole & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Michael Storper, 2010. "Cohesion policy in the European Union: Growth, geography, institutions," Working Papers 2010-14, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- John Bachtler & Irene McMaster, 2008. "EU Cohesion policy and the role of the regions: investigating the influence of Structural Funds in the new member states," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 26(2), pages 398-427, April.
- Mikel Navarro & Juan Jose Gibaja & Beñat Bilbao-Osorio & Ricardo Aguado, 2009. "Patterns of innovation in EU-25 regions: a typology and policy recommendations," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 27(5), pages 815-840, October.
- Mikel Navarro & Juan JosÃ© Gibaja & BeÃ±at Bilbao-Osorio & Ricardo Aguado, 2009. "Patterns of Innovation in EU-25 Regions: A Typology and Policy Recommendations," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 27(5), pages 815-840, October.
- Michele Boldrin & Fabio Canova, 2001. "Inequality and convergence in Europe's regions: reconsidering European regional policies," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(32), pages 205-253, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:invreg:0016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julieta Llungo-Ortíz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.