Data frequency and mutual fund performance measures
We focus on correlation between the estimates of manager’s skills to invest and the frequency of measurement results obtained by them, which can lead to distortion of investment decisions. We found that estimates of performance measures depend not only on the frequency of observations, but on its relationship with the frequency of the transactions of the fund.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jiang, Wei, 2003. "A nonparametric test of market timing," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 399-425, September.
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Kon, Stanley J & Jen, Frank C, 1978. "Estimation of Time-Varying Systematic Risk and Performance for Mutual Fund Portfolios: An Application of Switching Regression," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(2), pages 457-75, May.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1972. "Components of Investment Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(3), pages 551-67, June.
- Shengsui HU & Yannick MALEVERGNE & Didier SORNETTE, . "Investors’ Misperception: A Hidden Source of High Markups in the Mutual Fund Industry," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 09-04, Swiss Finance Institute.
- William Goetzmann & Jonathan Ingersoll & Zoran Ivkovich, 1998.
"Monthly Measurement of Daily Timers,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm88, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Oct 2000.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1969. "Risk, The Pricing of Capital Assets, and the Evaluation of Investment Portfolios," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(2), pages 167-247, April.
- Treynor, Jack L & Black, Fischer, 1973. "How to Use Security Analysis to Improve Portfolio Selection," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(1), pages 66-86, January.
- Goetzmann, William N & Peles, Nadav, 1997. "Cognitive Dissonance and Mutual Fund Investors," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(2), pages 145-58, Summer.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.