Turn-of-the-month and day-of-the-week patterns: two for the price of one? The Romanian situation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chris Brooks & Gita Persand, 2001. "Seasonality in Southeast Asian stock markets: some new evidence on day-of-the-week effects," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 155-158.
- Jussi Nikkinen & Petri Sahlström & Janne Äijö, 2007. "Turn‐of‐the‐month and intramonth effects: Explanation from the important macroeconomic news announcements," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 105-126, February.
- Josef Lakonishok, Seymour Smidt, 1988. "Are Seasonal Anomalies Real? A Ninety-Year Perspective," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(4), pages 403-425.
- McInish, Thomas H & Wood, Robert A, 1992. "An Analysis of Intraday Patterns in Bid/Ask Spreads for NYSE Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 753-764, June.
- Francesco Guidi & Rakesh Gupta & Suneel Maheshwari, 2011.
"Weak-form Market Efficiency and Calendar Anomalies for Eastern Europe Equity Markets,"
Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 10(3), pages 337-389, December.
- Guidi, Francesco & Gupta, Rakesh & Maheshwari, Suneel, 2010. "Weak-form market efficiency and calendar anomalies for Eastern Europe equity markets," MPRA Paper 21984, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guidi, Francesco & Gupta, Rakesh & Maheshwari, Suneel, 2011. "Weak-form market efficiency and calendar anomalies for Eastern Europe equity markets," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 7275, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Richard A. Ajayi & Seyed Mehdian & Mark J. Perry, 2004. "The Day-of-the-Week Effect in Stock Returns : Further Evidence from Eastern European Emerging Markets," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 53-62, July.
- Paul Alagidede, 2008. "Day of the week seasonality in African stock markets," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 115-120.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- repec:rej:journl:v:9:y:2006:i:21:p:71-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nikunj Patel & Martin Sewell, 2015. "Calendar anomalies: a survey of the literature," International Journal of Behavioural Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(2), pages 99-121.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kiymaz, Halil & Berument, Hakan, 2003. "The day of the week effect on stock market volatility and volume: International evidence," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 363-380.
- Thaler, Richard H, 1987. "Seasonal Movements in Security Prices II: Weekend, Holiday, Turn of the Month, and Intraday Effects," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 169-177, Fall.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Jalonen, Einari & Vähämaa, Sami & Äijö, Janne, 2010. "Turn-of-the-month and intramonth effects in government bond markets: Is there a role for macroeconomic news?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 75-81, January.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dragos Stefan Oprea & Elena Valentina Tilica, 2014. "Day-of-the-Week Effect in Post-Communist East European Stock Markets," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 4(3), pages 119-129, July.
- Alin Marius ANDRIEŞ & Iulian IHNATOV & Nicu SPRINCEAN, 2017. "Do Seasonal Anomalies Still Exist In Central And Eastern European Countries? A Conditional Variance Approach," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 60-83, December.
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Razvan, 2013. "DOW effects in returns and in volatility of stock markets during quiet and turbulent times," MPRA Paper 47218, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Apr 2013.
- Shlomo Zilca, 2017. "Day-of-the-week returns and mood: an exterior template approach," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 3(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Seif, Mostafa & Docherty, Paul & Shamsuddin, Abul, 2017. "Seasonal anomalies in advanced emerging stock markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 169-181.
- Stephen Keef & Melvin Roush, 2005. "Day-of-the-week effects in the pre-holiday returns of the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 107-119.
- Charles, Amélie, 2010.
"The day-of-the-week effects on the volatility: The role of the asymmetry,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 143-152, April.
- Amélie Charles, 2010. "The day-of-the week effects on the volatility: The role of the asymmetry," Post-Print hal-00771136, HAL.
- Doyle, John R. & Chen, Catherine Huirong, 2009. "The wandering weekday effect in major stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1388-1399, August.
- Michael Weigerding & Michael Hanke, 2018. "Drivers of seasonal return patterns in German stocks," Business Research, Springer;German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 11(1), pages 173-196, February.
- Helmut Herwartz & Leonardo Morales-Arias, 2009. "In-sample and out-of-sample properties of international stock return dynamics conditional on equilibrium pricing factors," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 1-28.
- Högholm, Kenneth & Knif, Johan, 2009. "The impact of portfolio aggregation on day-of-the-week effect: Evidence from Finland," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 67-79.
- Mehmet Hasan Eken & Taylan Ozgür Uner, 2010. "Calendar Effects in the Stock Market and a Practice Relatedn to the Istanbul Stock Exchange Market (ISEM)," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 12(45), pages 59-95.
- Elena Valentina Tilica, 2014. "The Month-of-the-Year Effect in Post-Communist East European Stock Markets," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 6(1), pages 029-040, June.
- Dragos Stefan Oprea, 2014. "The Halloween Effect Evidence from Romania," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 4(7), pages 463-471, July.
- Syed Muhammad Majid Shah & Fahad Abdullah, 2015. "A Study of Day of the Week Effect in Karachi Stock Exchange During Different Political Regimes in Pakistan," Business & Economic Review, Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar, Pakistan, vol. 7(1), pages 41-66, April.
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Răzvan, 2019. "The extended Friday the 13th Effect in the US stock returns," MPRA Paper 95296, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Jul 2019.
- Shahid Raza & Sun Baiqing & Imtiaz Hussain & Pwint Kay-Khine, 2023. "Do good and bad news affect the day of the week effect? An analysis of the KSE-100 Index," SN Business & Economics, Springer, vol. 3(7), pages 1-22, July.
- Faruk Bostanci & Saim Kilic, 2010. "The Effects of Free Float Ratios on Market Performance: An Empirical Study on the Istanbul Stock Exchange," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 12(45), pages 1-14.
- Andrew W. Lo, A. Craig MacKinlay, 1988.
"Stock Market Prices do not Follow Random Walks: Evidence from a Simple Specification Test,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 41-66.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1987. "Stock Market Prices Do Not Follow Random Walks: Evidence From a Simple Specification Test," NBER Working Papers 2168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Balaban, Ercan & Ozgen, Tolga & Karidis, Socrates, 2018. "Intraday and interday distribution of stock returns and their asymmetric conditional volatility: Firm-level evidence," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 503(C), pages 905-915.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rfb:journl:v:10:y:2018:i:1:p:047-058. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Tatu Lucian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.