Does Free Float Affect Shareholder Wealth? New Evidence from the Stock Exchange of Thailand
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12648 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marcus Lim & Richard Coggins, 2005. "The immediate price impact of trades on the Australian Stock Exchange," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 365-377.
- J. Tobin, 1958. "Liquidity Preference as Behavior Towards Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 65-86.
- Paul A. Gompers & Joy Ishii & Andrew Metrick, 2010.
"Extreme Governance: An Analysis of Dual-Class Firms in the United States,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(3), pages 1051-1088, March.
- Paul A. Gompers & Joy Ishii & Andrew Metrick, 2010. "Extreme Governance: An Analysis of Dual-Class Firms in the United States," NBER Chapters, in: Corporate Governance, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pastor, Lubos & Stambaugh, Robert F., 2003.
"Liquidity Risk and Expected Stock Returns,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(3), pages 642-685, June.
- Luboš Pástor & Robert F. Stambaugh, "undated". "Liquidity Risk and Expected Stock Returns," CRSP working papers 531, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Lubos Pastor & Robert F. Stambaugh, 2001. "Liquidity Risk and Expected Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 8462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pástor, Luboš & Stambaugh, Robert F., 2002. "Liquidity Risk and Expected Stock Returns," CEPR Discussion Papers 3494, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:uts:ppaper:v:67:y:2011:i:1:p:55-71 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew C. Harvey, 1990. "The Econometric Analysis of Time Series, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 026208189x.
- Chai, Daniel & Faff, Robert & Gharghori, Philip, 2010. "New evidence on the relation between stock liquidity and measures of trading activity," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 181-192, June.
- Amihud, Yakov, 2002. "Illiquidity and stock returns: cross-section and time-series effects," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 31-56, January.
- Rhee, S. Ghon & Wang, Jianxin, 2009. "Foreign institutional ownership and stock market liquidity: Evidence from Indonesia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1312-1324, July.
- Hudson, Carl D & Jahera, John S, Jr & Lloyd, William P, 1992. "Further Evidence on the Relationship between Ownership and Performance," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 227-239, May.
- Jacques Hamon & Bertrand Jacquillat, 1999. "Is there Value‐Added Information in Liquidity and Risk Premiums?," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 5(3), pages 369-394, November.
- Liu, Weimin, 2006. "A liquidity-augmented capital asset pricing model," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 631-671, December.
- Ronald C. Anderson & David M. Reeb, 2003. "Founding-Family Ownership and Firm Performance: Evidence from the S&P 500," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(3), pages 1301-1327, June.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Lang, Larry H. P., 2000. "The separation of ownership and control in East Asian Corporations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 81-112.
- David Lam & Bing-Xuan Lin & David Michayluk, 2011. "Demand and Supply and Their Relationship to Liquidity: Evidence from the S&P 500 Change to Free Float," Published Paper Series 2011-3, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hearn, Bruce, 2014. "The political institutional and firm governance determinants of liquidity: Evidence from North Africa and the Arab Spring," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 127-158.
- Hearn, Bruce & Piesse, Jenifer, 2013. "Firm level governance and institutional determinants of liquidity: Evidence from Sub Saharan Africa," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 93-111.
- Vu, Van & Chai, Daniel & Do, Viet, 2015. "Empirical tests on the liquidity-adjusted capital asset pricing model," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 35(PA), pages 73-89.
- Loukil, Nadia & Yousfi, Ouidad, 2010. "Does corporate governance affect stock liquidity in the Tunisian Stock Market?," MPRA Paper 28697, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2011.
- Zhang, Yiming & Wang, Guanying, 2020. "Compensation for illiquidity in China: Evidence from an alternative measure," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C).
- Ding, Xiaoya (Sara) & Ni, Yang & Zhong, Ligang, 2016. "Free float and market liquidity around the world," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(PA), pages 236-257.
- Ebihara, Takashi & Kubota, Keiichi & Takehara, Hitoshi & Yokota, Eri, 2014. "Market liquidity, private information, and the cost of capital: Market microstructure studies on family firms in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 1-13.
- Rogers Ondiba Ochenge & Rose Ngugi & Peter Muriu & David McMillan, 2020. "Foreign equity flows and stock market liquidity in Kenya," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 1781503-178, January.
- Díaz, Antonio & Escribano, Ana, 2020. "Measuring the multi-faceted dimension of liquidity in financial markets: A literature review," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
- Hearn, Bruce & Phylaktis, Kate & Piesse, Jenifer, 2017. "Expropriation risk by block holders, institutional quality and expected stock returns," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 122-149.
- Andres, Christian & Cumming, Douglas & Karabiber, Timur & Schweizer, Denis, 2014. "Do markets anticipate capital structure decisions? — Feedback effects in equity liquidity," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 133-156.
- Chen, Jiun-Lin & Jia, Z. Tingting & Sun, Ping-Wen, 2016. "Real option component of cash holdings, business cycle, and stock returns," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 97-106.
- Mselmi, Nada & Hamza, Taher & Lahiani, Amine & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2019. "Pricing corporate financial distress: Empirical evidence from the French stock market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 13-27.
- Lischewski, Judith & Voronkova, Svitlana, 2012. "Size, value and liquidity. Do They Really Matter on an Emerging Stock Market?," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 8-25.
- Karstanje, Dennis & Sojli, Elvira & Tham, Wing Wah & van der Wel, Michel, 2013. "Economic valuation of liquidity timing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5073-5087.
- Lin, Chaonan & Ko, Kuan-Cheng & Lin, Lin & Yang, Nien-Tzu, 2017. "Price limits and the value premium in the Taiwan stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 26-45.
- Keiichi Kubota & Hitoshi Takehara, 2010. "Expected return, liquidity risk, and contrarian strategy: evidence from the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(8), pages 655-679, July.
- ElBannan, Mona A., 2017. "Stock market liquidity, family ownership, and capital structure choices in an emerging country," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 201-231.
- Garsztka Przemysław & Hołubowicz Krzysztof, 2015. "The Application of Asymmetric Liquidity Risk Measure in Modelling the Risk of Investment," Folia Oeconomica Stetinensia, Sciendo, vol. 15(1), pages 83-100, June.
- De Moor, Lieven & Sercu, Piet, 2013. "The smallest firm effect: An international study," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 129-155.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rfb:journl:v:08:y:2016:i:2:p:043-053. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Tatu Lucian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.