La corte constitucional y la flexibilidad del mercado laboral
This document presents a number of theoretical and practical arguments to explain how constitutional jurisprudence (rulings on the constitutionality of laws and on the “acción de tutela”) has become a factor affecting the flexibility of labor legislation in Colombia. Two examples are presented. One of them deals with the acción de tutela, the other with a lawsuit demanding the unconstitutionality of a law. The latter example is formalized through a microeconomic model taken from the producer’s theory to demonstrate how a reduction in the degree of flexibility in labor contracts may affect decisions on wage levels and/or employment.
Volume (Year): 2 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (July-december)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1307
Fax: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1304
Web page: http://www.economiainstitucional.com
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Budd, J.W., 1995.
"The Effect of Strike Replacement Legislation of Employment,"
95-04, Minnesota - Industrial Relations Center.
- Budd, John W., 2000. "The effect of strike replacement legislation on employment," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 225-247, March.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1988. "Evaluating the European View that the United States Has No Unemployment Problem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 294-99, May.
- Stephen Nickell, 1997. "Unemployment and Labor Market Rigidities: Europe versus North America," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 55-74, Summer.
- Bentolila, Samuel & Bertola, Giuseppe, 1990. "Firing Costs and Labour Demand: How Bad Is Eurosclerosis?," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 381-402, July.
- Horst Siebert, 1997. "Labor Market Rigidities: At the Root of Unemployment in Europe," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 37-54, Summer.
- Murphy, Kevin J., 2000. "What effect does uncertainty have on the length of labor contracts?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 181-201, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rei:ecoins:v:2:y:2000:i:3:p:80-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paola Rodríguez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.