Lecciones de la Gran Depresión para la recuperación económica en 2009
This article compares the Great Depression of the thirties with the current global crisis and offers some useful lessons for designing policies to overcome the crisis and begin a strong recovery. One of the lessons is that a small fiscal expansion has only small effects and that a monetary expansion may help to stabilize the economy even if interest rates are near to zero. In addition, policymakers should avoid reducing the incentives early and should consider that the financial and the real recovery go together
Volume (Year): 11 (2009)
Issue (Month): 21 (July-December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cra. 1 No. 12-68 Casa de las Mandolinas|
Phone: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1307
Fax: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1304
Web page: http://www.economiainstitucional.com
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Romer, Christina D., 1992.
"What Ended the Great Depression?,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(04), pages 757-784, December.
- Christina D. Romer, 1991. "What Ended the Great Depression?," NBER Working Papers 3829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christina D. Romer, 1990. "The Great Crash and the Onset of the Great Depression," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(3), pages 597-624.
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1983. "Nonmonetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in Propagation of the Great Depression," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 257-276, June.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1983. "Non-Monetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in the Propagation of the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 1054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rei:ecoins:v:11:y:2009:i:21:p:25-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paola Rodríguez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.