Networks of Firms and Local Territory: A Comment
Based on the volume edited by Alberto Zazzaro (2010), this work offers a series of reflections on the evolution of industrial clusters – in particular, showing that the advantages of agglomeration (the so-called district effect) tend to weaken with the passing of time – and on the capacity of networks of firms to compensate for the handicap of small size. The article recalls some of the problems with firms’ networks while considering the part that network organization can play in attaining the firms’ objectives.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy|
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Antonio Accetturo & Anna Giunta & Salvatore Rossi, 2011.
"The Italian firms between crisis and the new globalization,"
Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers)
86, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Accetturo Antonio & Giunta Anna & Rossi Salvatore, 2011. "The Italian Firms between Crisis and the new Globalization," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 145-164.
- Marcello Pagnini & Valter Di Giacinto & Giacinto Micucci & Matteo Gomellini, 2011.
"Mapping Local Productivity Advantages In Italy: Industrial Districts, Cities Or Both?,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa11p1806, European Regional Science Association.
- Valter Di Giacinto & Matteo Gomellini & Giacinto Micucci & Marcello Pagnini, 2014. "Mapping local productivity advantages in Italy: industrial districts, cities or both?," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 365-394.
- Valter Di Giacinto & Matteo Gomellini & Giacinto Micucci & Marcello Pagnini, 2012. "Mapping local productivity advantages in Italy: industrial districts, cities or both?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 850, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rar:journl:0227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.